Cats and dogs?

Started by Col_Jessep, November 12, 2013, 11:33:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amaror

Quote from: garg1 on November 13, 2013, 05:10:09 AM
Pets also may (any pet) raise/decrease Colonists happiness (maybe new character-traits for the reaction?)

also I'D LIKE MY COLONISTS TO EAT THE PETS, PLEASE! >_<
Maybe there is a declared owner/trainer who gets pissed if the pet gets eaten (because otherwise a colonist would starve or something)

Yeah puppy biscuits all the WAY!
Seriously though i guess this would probably be a module in the future.
I would even go as far as saying that the reason Tynan didn't put something like this in the kickstarter mentioned modules, because Prison Architect jus added dogs and he didn't want even more similiarities to pa at the moment

Thubin

Quote from: starlight on November 13, 2013, 04:52:41 AM
Brilliant. Dogs can be:
1. Trained to attack.
2. Fitted with an explosive vest that has a remote that controls explosion.

Also, in their spare time they are haul stuff around.

The Soviets actually did this (The explosive part) during WW2. They trained the dogs to crawl under German tanks and they were rigged with a lever and explosive vest to go boom. The problem was the Soviets had plenty of their tanks, but not many Germans', so they used their own surplus.  When it came to fielding the dogs with real explosives, the Soviet handlers let loose the dogs - and they went right for the Soviet tank lines! Taught the Soviets not to do that anymore lol.
"If at first you don't succeed; that's a data point."
"No, if at first you don't succeed; you fail, and the test will be terminated."

JayNic

They can guard my crops against those damned boom rats/squirrels!

And of course her the muffalo (I assume the eventual design would include animal husbandry)