Synthread Loom

Started by Snownova, February 23, 2015, 03:56:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snownova

With A9 adding clothing wear and tear and the associated mood debuf from wearing ragged clothes, fabricating new clothes has become more essential than before.
Cloth and leathers are usually quite abundant and sufficient for the most part, but advanced colonies may want to give their people something slightly better to wear. Devilstrand is an option of course, but is extremely difficult to cultivate in colder climates (solar flares tend to wipe out your fields when the heat goes off).

So my suggestion would be to add a researchable crafting station called the Synthread Loom. At this station a crafter can combine cloth with steel, and produce synthread for your tailoring bench to use, or just for trade.

A followup research subject could be a hyperweave loom, which creates hyperweave from synthread and silver.

If it won't go in the base game, I call upon the mighty modders to add these :)

kingtyris

Cybernetic Storm adds a workbench that allows you to craft synth and hyperweave. I love the mod and the crafting options don't imbalance it too badly. But I'm glad they're uncraftable in the base game. Hyperweave lore states that making it is a highly guarded Glitterworld secret.

Argon

Hyperweave should not be craftable. Synthread however could be craftable with a machine that takes a very long time to research, and consumes a ludicrous amount of power.  That would be balanced.

-Argon