New Zone type: Walk-in closet

Started by Snownova, February 23, 2015, 04:02:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snownova

With the clothes degradation in A9 and associated mood debuffs, I'd like to suggest a new type of zone: a walk-in closet. This zone will hold only apparel and the player will be able to set a minimum integrity for the items within. So for example any piece of apparel below 75% will not be stored here.

Further colonists who are wearing apparel that is below the minimum of the closet while the closet holds a superior version will automatically switch their clothes with one from the closet, reducing an annoying bit of micromanagement, but retaining some level of control for the player.

Sartain

Generally, the ability to control both the quality and durability level of stuff stored in zones, not only for clothing, would be great. I like to build an armory, for example, but I'd rather sell or smelt the crappy pieces of equipment which is somewhat of a chore to do now. The ability to control quality level and durability level on a zone, like you can already manage what is or isn't stored there, would be a nice feature for fine-tuning storage rooms and such.

Humort

Quote from: Snownova on February 23, 2015, 04:02:47 AMWith the clothes degradation in A9 and associated mood debuffs, I'd like to suggest a new type of zone: a walk-in closet. This zone will hold only apparel and the player will be able to set a minimum integrity for the items within. So for example any piece of apparel below 75% will not be stored here.   Further colonists who are wearing apparel that is below the minimum of the closet while the closet holds a superior version will automatically switch their clothes with one from the closet, reducing an annoying bit of micromanagement, but retaining some level of control for the player.

Да, абсолютно согласен, меня тоже посетила эта идея, а так же, функция нужна, как для гардероба, так и для оружейной, чтобы можно было экипироваться прямо с данных видов хранилищ, а не только складывать туда предметы
I speak Russian if you don't understand that I wrote, Google Translator is guilty of it

Eleazar

I don't think we need A new type of stockpile.  Instead any stockpile should have minimum quality and deg exertion settings, as well as a toggle to allow pawns to help themselves.

PhoeniX

Quote from: Eleazar on February 23, 2015, 08:27:08 AM
I don't think we need A new type of stockpile.  Instead any stockpile should have minimum quality and deg exertion settings, as well as a toggle to allow pawns to help themselves.

It wouldn't be a new stockpile per se, more like a new criteria for items to be stored and a zone already set to allow specific items to be brought.

Humort

I have carefully studied the subject, and understand what they're talking about the zone, not about storage. The thought came to my mind, a slightly different plan. Indeed, creating a dressing area, does not bring advantages, since any warehouse can be customized to such a need, and therefore, it will not solve the problem with clothes scattered everywhere. Personally, I wanted to offer a special store, which is the same as the storage of weapons, but for clothes, it is better, more logical. and realisticna...

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10814.0
By the way, this mod is absolutely solves this problem
I speak Russian if you don't understand that I wrote, Google Translator is guilty of it

Kingmob

As others I think this is more about other mechanics. Stockpiles could have quality types defined and colonists should go out and seek proper clothing. Some way of stockpiling more items in one square would be nice as well, like a barrel, a closet, a chest, you name it. And then you need something to haul such huge, heavy items quickly, like a wheelbarrow. Which needs roads/flat ground, etc. etc. :D