Having a friend as the storyteller (multiplayer)

Started by rakkaus, February 23, 2015, 05:57:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gonumen

Moreover the human story teller wouldn't be Artificial Intelligence and he's moves would be created by someone who has real inteligencie so maybe they would make more sense. For example he creates an eclipse, shortly after that there is solar flare and because of that your crops are being destroyed. Pirate's crops were destroyed as well so they will send a small group of people to steal your food (Write an event idea?).

Also there would be no more situations  as i sometimes expirience: There no events for month and after that, there are 3 sieges in one week an eclipse, solar flare etc.

As I was writing this I thought that some events may not only be limited by points but with also time, like eclipse because there is no chance that there will occur several eclipses in few days.

rakkaus

Jupiter had 3 eclipses at the same time last month. ::)

MrSurvivor

Quote from: Gonumen on February 23, 2015, 10:36:27 AM
Quote from: MrSurvivor on February 23, 2015, 10:17:58 AM
*guy spawns 100 centipedes on day one*
Ya that's what I'm afraid of...

We could report those kind of players and if there were a lot of complainants he would be labled as "unfair" and People could refuse to play with him. However there should be chat between players so player can say that he wants to have some challange.

Well there's these people called trolls.
And while we can report them it'll just kill the sense of stuff.
Maybe we can do private servers like MC that needs an ip address to join?
And they can start on different parts of the world and migrate to different colonies?

Gonumen

Anduin1357

I know that everyone loves ideas and there is a push for multiplayer.
The problem is, how will multiplayer be implemented?
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=9051.msg89559#msg89559
This thread may prove worthwhile for discussion.
(btw, this thread name is misleading, it says a friend as storyteller but talks about having multiplayer.)