Random Constructed Roofs

Started by Silvador, February 23, 2015, 10:51:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silvador

So, I decided to check the progress of one of my colonists hauling a bunch of recently dropped meat on a distant part of my map and I noticed something... odd. Constructed Roofs out in the middle of nowhere, supported by nothing. I haven't built anything anywhere near that location, nor had I torn anything down from there. And to top it off there are several of them, and not just in this spot. There are a few other random Constructed Roofs around my map that are just... there, for no apparent reason at all. If it wasn't pouring rain, I may not have even noticed them on account of the dark shadow and lack of rainfall they create where they are.

I also discovered earlier that when I place down a "no roof zone" over existing mountains, and then remove that zone, constructed roofs are instantly placed along the mountain edging where the no roof zone was, even if there was never a constructed roof there to being with.

[attachment deleted due to age]

tommytom

That's very strange. Are you using any mods?

Coenmcj

Curious... This sounds similiar to an older bug. Thought it was eradicated however...
Mantis 861
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

tommytom

Hmm. after looking at it, it seems like it thinks there are buildings or mountains supposed to be there (from the original seed?), but they were never made, and something (like making constructed roofs elsewhere) causes it to happen?

That, or some ores were supposed to be there but never spawned.

Either way, IMO, it seems like an initial map seed problem. Something was supposed to be there. They seem too square to be random.

Maybe it's trying to spawn limestone on a map that doesn't contain limestone, for instance?

Silvador

No mods, just vanilla RimWorld.

I could understand if there were... a few wall pieces as well, as if it was an old structure that had fallen down over time, like all the other constructed buildings that generate with the map. But since they're either entirely floating or only held up by a single mountain wall... it's very odd.