[MOD] (Alpha 9) SteelRockSlag and UI Graphics (v. 1.1 - Feb 24)

Started by jabbamonkey, February 23, 2015, 01:34:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jabbamonkey

Quote from: thepman69 on February 24, 2015, 02:08:45 PM
maybe he means on the mod list? idk im guessing

I use a bunch of mods ... plus, a ton of my own graphics. I post alot of my graphic in this post.

SilverDragon

Heya!

What's this
<MeleeWeapon_Agility>1</MeleeWeapon_Agility>
in SteelRockSlag\Defs\ThingDefs\Items_Resources.xml
at line 72 ? I tried looking for what it's supposed to do but couldn't find an answer. :)

jabbamonkey

Quote from: SilverDragon on February 24, 2015, 02:20:13 PM
Heya!

What's this
<MeleeWeapon_Agility>1</MeleeWeapon_Agility>
in SteelRockSlag\Defs\ThingDefs\Items_Resources.xml
at line 72 ? I tried looking for what it's supposed to do but couldn't find an answer. :)

This error is part of the beta testing I was doing with the mod PRIOR TO RELEASE, and shouldn't be occurring now  (MeleeWeapon_Agility was part of Items_Resources.xml in Alpha9b, but was removed in Alpha 9c). Just to be sure, I uploaded a fresh copy of the mod. Try it now!

SilverDragon

Is the line 17 <tradersCarry>true</tradersCarry> also an outdated one? Afaik its <tradeability> now? Thanks for the update, I'll try it out!

jabbamonkey

Quote from: SilverDragon on February 24, 2015, 03:48:16 PM
Is the line 17 <tradersCarry>true</tradersCarry> also an outdated one? Afaik its <tradeability> now? Thanks for the update, I'll try it out!

Yup, it's now tradeability - and that is in the new file.

jabbamonkey

I noticed that the latest update of Industrialisation v0.97 conflicts with this mod. Just load THIS mod AFTER the Industrialisation mod. So, first Industrialisation, second steelrockslag.  However, this order messes with the iron-steel production ... if you mine iron, you get steel.  I am looking to solve this (but it shouldn't be a huge issue)

Kirid

I wonder if you couldn't take another stab at the steel/iron ore. The shape/texture/color all throw me off. Looks like blue crystals, too bright and smooth.
Sorry to be so picky, I would try myself but you put my artwork to shame. I love the rest of your textures, keep up the good work!
You can't rollerskate in a muffalo herd

jabbamonkey

The steel textures have about 6 or 7 different versions... that's alot to recreate. However, I can easily change the color of the textures.  What color are you thinking? 

Note: The main reason it was blue, was to differentiate it from the bland gray that it was initially (which confused the metal texture with the slag and rock chunks ... which were all gray as well)

Kirid

Quote from: jabbamonkey on March 22, 2015, 12:38:03 PMthat's alot to recreate.
I get that. those textures are pretty fantastic nonetheless.

There's no iron ore to steel production currently (or ever?) The color of the unmined ore tells it is iron ore, but the name lies. It's a bit boggling. I would prefer a version that uses color to imply it's iron.
Google image "Iron ore" gives all sorts of examples. I'm thinking orange/yellowish instead of blue. I'm colorblind so its hard to pinpoint exactly what hue that is. It can still be shiny, iron ore isn't so dull.

I guess we could let the matter rest until metal production gets refined more.

jabbamonkey

If you are colorblind... changing the color may not solve the issue.  Red, of a certain shade, could be the same as a certain blue... correct? 

Would you want me to make the textures lighter, or darker? That could possibly be a better alternative for you.

jabbamonkey

Quote from: Kirid on March 22, 2015, 09:11:05 PM
I'm colorblind so its hard to pinpoint exactly what hue that is. It can still be shiny, iron ore isn't so dull.

Saw this cool video about bringing color to the colorblind... pretty cool...
Colorblind People See Certain Colors For The First Time Ever, Are Visibly Moved (Huffington Post)

Kirid

I saw that too XD pretty amazing. I want to try them, see what it would change.
I'm not really colorblind like that though. I think I can see most colors, It's just hard to distinguish them.
I wouldn't confuse red/blue. I wasn't sure if these metal textures were blue or purple, had to ask my brother. Red/orange, dark yellow/orange, blue/purple, causes serious problems for me.

I turned down the brightness by -100(gimp), still a bit of a blue sheen, not quite dull grey, I like it.

dearmad

I know this is a sort of necro... but I was updating this guy's graphics to A16. Got through the other set of graphics he did and went looking for this... the link is dead.

Does anyone have the SteelRockSlag_v1.1.zip? If so I could use it to quickly update....

thanks.