[MOD] (Alpha 9) SteelRockSlag and UI Graphics (v. 1.1 - Feb 24)

Started by jabbamonkey, February 23, 2015, 01:34:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jabbamonkey

This post contains a MOD (SteelRockSlag) and some textures for changing the user interface buttons.

Steel Rock Slag
VERSION v1.1 (Feb 24, 2015)

Description:
This mod changes the texture of the Steel, Rock Chunks, and Slag Chunks in the game, and adds more variety.  There were 3 original steel textures, and they were the same color of the stone and slag in the game, making metal hard to find when glancing at the map. So I wanted to change that up a but. I also wanted to change the slag metal, and add some "depth" to the rock chunks (and add more variety again). 

Author
Jabbamonkey
Thanks to skullywag and wastelander for help with the mod issues that I had.

Download
>>> Download the Steel Rock Slag Mod <<<

How to Install:
1.  Download the zip file, and decompress the file (retaining the folder structure).
2. Place the folder SteelRockSlag into your Mod folder.
3. Start RimWorld and then activate the mod.*

* If you activate the mod, and then load a game, the textures may not register. Try restarting after you initially activate the mod.

How to Uninstall:
1. Open Rimworld.
2. Deactivate the Mod
3. (Optional) Delete the SteelRockSlag folder, which should be inside your Mods folder

Conflicting Mod:
Combat Realism conflicts with the Rock and Slag textures (but not with the steel texture). Both edit the same file... so I created a "Combat Realism" version of this mod.
[do not download or activate the original Steel Rock Slag above - follow the instructions below]
1. >>> Download Combat Realism <<< and activate
2. >>> Download Steel Rock Slag CR <<< and activate
3. If you don't already have it, download  EdB Mod Order to organize your mods.  Activate EdB Mod Order then leave the Mod page.
4. Return to the mod page, and now make sure that Steel Rock Slag-CR is loaded AFTER the combat realism mod.
5. Leave the mod page
6. Exit the game.
7. Restart the game.

Industrialisation v0.97 conflicts with this mod. As long as you load THIS mod last (after Industrialisation), then the textures will show up fine. 

License:
This mod is released under Creative Commons 4.0, meaning you can repackage, redistribute or alter this mod as long as credit is given.

Screenshots
Here are some screenshots of some of the rock and steel...

Steel...

Rock Chunks...

Slag ...

##################################################

RETEXTURING OF
User Interface

User interface and graphic modifications have been moved here.

elStrages

They look really nice. Maybe not for everyone as they aren't very rimworldy. But great job non the less!

jabbamonkey

Priority Hauler Interface Buttons

If anyone has Priority Hauler installed, here are the texture replacements for those icons...

Place in /Mods/PriorityHaul/Textures/ [where "PriorityHaul" is the name of the mod folder]

- Place in the folder above.
- Rename Haul.png and place in the folder above.

Mine Vein Interface Buttons

And if you have the Mine Vein mod installed, here is the interface replacement icon... Place in Mods/VeinMiner/Textures/ [where "VeinMiner" is the name of the mod folder]

jabbamonkey

Quote from: elStrages on February 23, 2015, 01:42:56 PM
They look really nice. Maybe not for everyone as they aren't very rimworldy. But great job non the less!

With all the graphic changes I've done... my "Rimworld" probably looks a bit different than everyone elses.  :)

Feel free to take a look at all the other graphics I've created for the game...
READ POST
There are graphics to replace alot of core elements, and graphics for several mods as well...

InfinityKage

Epyk

Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

jabbamonkey

Quote from: Epyk on February 23, 2015, 03:05:09 PM
Those graphics look great!

If you want to add the Steel Rock Slag mod to the Alpha 9 version of your Epyk Pack, feel free.

elStrages

Quote from: jabbamonkey on February 23, 2015, 02:00:11 PM
Quote from: elStrages on February 23, 2015, 01:42:56 PM

With all the graphic changes I've done... my "Rimworld" probably looks a bit different than everyone elses.  :)

Feel free to take a look at all the other graphics I've created for the game...
READ POST
There are graphics to replace alot of core elements, and graphics for several mods as well...

These are awesome! would you be interested in making graphics for Cybernetic Storm? As I am ok but they could be better :D

jabbamonkey

Quote from: elStrages on February 23, 2015, 05:46:23 PM
These are awesome! would you be interested in making graphics for Cybernetic Storm? As I am ok but they could be better :D

Cybernetic Storm has alot of graphics, and could take awhile. Right now I'm in the midst of re-skinning all the character artwork (which is another tall order). Maybe when I'm done with that.

elStrages

Yeah it's cool, it was only if you wanted to :) don't feel abliged. Cheers though bud.

Vonholtz

Nice look to both of them. I am more likely to try the steal and slag one. I am not great with PC and fear I may mess up my core file. If I try the UI I will back up my core first.

skullywag

Jabba stick some screenies up of your setup so people can see it ingame.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

jabbamonkey

Quote from: Vonholtz on February 24, 2015, 03:42:07 AM
Nice look to both of them. I am more likely to try the steal and slag one. I am not great with PC and fear I may mess up my core file. If I try the UI I will back up my core first.

For the UI, no need to backup the core. No "UI" folder exists i the core textures folder. So, if you don't like the new graphics, you can just delete the UI folder later. Easy as that.

jabbamonkey

Quote from: skullywag on February 24, 2015, 03:59:18 AM
Jabba stick some screenies up of your setup so people can see it ingame.

I have screenshots of the Steel Rock Slag mod, and screenshots of the icons ingame. What screenshots are you asking for exactly?

thepman69