Modding Info Database

Started by Galileus, November 13, 2013, 03:57:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galileus

WARNING! any modding you do (either modifying the game files or save files) you do on your own risk! This means no bugs reports can be validated when playing on modified versions of these files!

Remember!
Always back up your files before modification!

I'm making this topic as a place-holder to get community ready and such for when the time comes to spring to action and make Tynan cry by shattering all his visions and making nudity mods!

Uhm... and seriously, do you know Civilization's Modding Wikis? Idea is the same. It was always a huge and extremely useful resource made by modders for modders with tests, info, data and all goodies you can imagine. In the Civ5 case it straight outdid Firaxis' efforts on the matter, providing much more in-depth and wide info than the developer himself.

For now there won't be much, surely. I'll start by posting topics on save-file structure up for discussion and clarification later, when I get a break in work, and add/edit all the info to this topic. Please, keep it clean (or data filled, if you prefer) in the meantime :)

Tynan

Nudity mods will be unnecessary.

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Wopian

Quote from: Tynan on November 13, 2013, 01:57:53 PM

Hair colour mods will be necessary.

Bobstudios | James Harris Creative Design

Galileus

I didn't wanted to go that far, but go no choice. Time to start planing sexy BDSM lingerie mods!

And is that guy named Barrow sporting Vash the Stampede head? Me lovin'!

Will ask moderators to remove these posts (except for Tynan's one, so I can blackmail him later with it) when I'm good to start inputting here ;)

Produno

Yeah you should have probably set a couple of

*Reserved*

Oh and now all we need is some mud wrestleing ;)

Edit*
You may want to also make a note that if changing anything within these files they void their game to be used for bug testing, so no bugs whilst playing that save or using a modification should be posted in the bugs or support forum!!

Galileus

Great point! I'll add that to the first post :)

ShadowDragon8685

Wah-hahahahahaaaaaah!

I want awesome hair so bad! :)
Raiders must die!

Produno

It looks like the Cacti should have focus priority :). Half of its missing at the bottom of the picture.

Galileus

It's a cacti undercover. Get it? Because it's a cacti under a wall. Or cover! It's funny.

nnescio

Semmy

Tynan first you name your game "Rim"world than you add "Muff"alo's and now you add nudity.
Are you compensating for something (-;
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

Tynan

Quote from: Semmy on November 13, 2013, 10:55:48 PM

Tynan first you name your game "Rim"world than you add "Muff"alo's and now you add nudity.
Are you compensating for something (-;

Don't forget Lewd-eon!

And yes, sorry for hijacking this thread. :(
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Galileus

Maybe we should rename it to "Den of Nudity and Perversion, starring Tynan"? This should score some hits in google, and teenage girl scene is so far completely uncovered by RimWorld!

todofwar

Would you happen to know of any general tutorials on how to mod a game for someone who only has limited coding experience?

Galileus

There is no such thing as general tutorials - every game mods differently. If anything, I would suggest you find some Civilization IV or Civilization V modding tutorials - they use XML all across the board, so it's a good practice before RimWorld modding.

Then again - a basic grasp on working of XML and coding and you're golden to mod XML-based games. These are really the best case scenario as far as I can tell, short only of dedicated modding tools :)