"Take a Break" button

Started by Stickle, November 12, 2013, 11:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stickle

I would like to see a "Take a break" button on the colonist overview screen and/or on the colonist thoughts tab. It's frustrating when a colonist is about to have a nervous breakdown but keeps rushing from job to job; I end up having to enlist them and force them to stand still in a pleasant environment until the calm down a bit or remove all tasks from them. The former is annoying, and the latter is even worse (because then I have to remember what their jobs and priorities were). It would be nice if I could just press a button to temporarily disable their tasks and priorities without completely erasing them, so that I can return them to work easily.

Produno

coupled with a games room or such this could be a pretty good idea. A good way for rotating shifts too if needed for now.

Nasikabatrachus

I think this could be implemented better with a slightly different wish of mine: give the player the ability to cancel jobs (without altering priorities) by row or by column. That way, this problem would be solved, and the problem of having to disable lots of jobs in a tense situation in order to get the most important stuff done, or avoid a bad outcome (like a colonist wandering going out to repair a gibbet cage right next to a pack of raiders), would also be solved.

Although, I must admit I don't see the problem with drafting someone until their mood improves. I send my draftees to the front hall, where there are lots of pleasant flowers to enjoy. It is kind of ridiculous from an in-universe perspective, but I believe Tynan has mentioned that entertainment-objects are too much to implement until later in development.

Shifts would also be great.

ShadowDragon8685

Ironically, I've found that in RimWorld, the very best thing you can do for someone who's about to suffer a break is to send them to dinner, then bed.

Which is hilariously juvenile, but I kind of agree on this. A button on their profile directing them to go get a meal, and one directing them to go to their bed, would be perfect.
Raiders must die!

Negocromn

or you could just execute a prisoner and not have to worry about mental breaks for a few days...