Mod order?

Started by Vonholtz, February 23, 2015, 08:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonholtz

Ok not sure if this is the right place to ask this. But being a thick headed old guy I am going to ask anyway. Is there anyway to know if your putting your mods in the right order? I am still kind of new to adding mods to my game. I came in to A8 at the end of the year and it ran just fine now I am having all kinds of troubles with A9 and the mods.

So is there a way to know if I am doing it right. Oh and I am using EdB mod order mod so I can move them around. I got that fare.

RemingtonRyder

If you have them in the wrong order then things may not behave as you would expect.

However, many modders who realise that their mod conflicts with others create compatibility patches. These can merge together the files which are in conflict so that all you need to do is either put the merged files in the right location, or load the compatibility patch like any other mod, after the two mods which conflict.

So for example, my mod Harsher Tundra conflicts very slightly with Igabod's Biodiversity mod. You get the compatibility patch, and it doesn't matter what order the main mods load in, as long as the patch loads after they do.

Hope this helps. :)

Vonholtz

Quote from: MarvinKosh on February 23, 2015, 08:47:06 PM
If you have them in the wrong order then things may not behave as you would expect.

However, many modders who realise that their mod conflicts with others create compatibility patches. These can merge together the files which are in conflict so that all you need to do is either put the merged files in the right location, or load the compatibility patch like any other mod, after the two mods which conflict.

So for example, my mod Harsher Tundra conflicts very slightly with Igabod's Biodiversity mod. You get the compatibility patch, and it doesn't matter what order the main mods load in, as long as the patch loads after they do.

Hope this helps. :)
It helps some. I think I will need to learn more about modding my self. It funny It was Igabod's Xtra plants and Biodiversity ,od that was getting me confused. But I worked that out. TY