mechanoid guard dogs

Started by jasta85, March 03, 2015, 11:26:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jasta85

So, there is an old tomb full of mechanoids near my base, but when I opened it up they didn't seem interested in leaving their room.  so for fun I created a bottleneck corridor that enemies must travel through before they can get to the entrance of my base that takes them right past the opening of the mechanoid room.  with 2 centipedes and 2 of the smaller ones needless to say no invaders have yet to make it to the entrance of my base.  downside is that I can't get any of the gear they drop, well, after another couple pirate raids maybe the bots will be weak enough for me to take out heh

CodyRex123

Thats.... interesting, I feel like Tynan definitely didn't think this could happen.
Amazing.
Dragons!

TheSilencedScream

Quote from: CodyRex123 on March 03, 2015, 11:40:53 PM
Thats.... interesting, I feel like Tynan definitely didn't think this could happen.
Amazing.

I quite like that it's possible.
I like that other factions can fight with one another, not just for/against us.

Him being able to build a bottleneck to the mechanoids should certainly be allowed, but I do find it odd that none of them seek out his colonists to kill.
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

CodyRex123

That was my main point, that they weren't leaving the room.
Dragons!

jasta85

well, when I opened the room it also had cryocaskets in it, and I opened one up as soon as I saw that there were mechanoids.  a bunch of survivors popped out and while the mechanoids were busy slaughtering them I had my colonists run away.  I think killing all the sleeping guys that popped out reset the mechanoid agro or something.