[Mod](Alpha 9) 3D Print Guns & Armors (1.01)

Started by FilthySanchez, February 24, 2015, 08:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FilthySanchez

3D Print Guns & Armors
Vanilla Guns and Armor only

Description:
(Note: english is not my native tongue) I created this mod because I hated relying on enemies to get weapons and armors. I also have master crafter so I want him to create legendary things. All things created are vanilla. All work tables also eats a lot of power. Still a bit cheaty though, tried my best to balance things but got bored fast.

3D Printer
Research: 3D Printer
3D Print: Pistol, Shotgun, Survival Rifle

Advanced 3D Printer
Research: Advanced 3D Printer
Advanced 3D Printer: Pistol, Shotgun, Survival Rifle, PDW, Sniper, Assault Rifle, HeavySMG, T-9Incendiary, LMG

3D Armor Printer
Research: Advanced 3D Printer
3D Armor Printer: Kevlar Vest, Kevlar Helmet, Tinfoil Hat, Personal Shields, Military Helmet

Recycling Machine
Research: Recycle Stuffs
Recycling Machine: Recycle weapons and armors (Except power armor)
Example: 3 pistols = 1 pistol, 3 Personal shields = 1 Personal shield (Just make sure to forbid the high quality ones)

Power Armor Workbench
Research: Power Armor
Workbench: Power Armor, Power Helmet, Charge Rifle

If there is bugs just tell me

1.01 Change:
Removed Minigun and Charge rifle from recycling machine gives an error.

Download

DropBox

MEGA

[attachment deleted due to age]

deadmeat5150

Does this work with mods like Project Armory? Can I print their stuff out?

FilthySanchez

Quote from: deadmeat5150 on February 24, 2015, 08:36:31 PM
Does this work with mods like Project Armory? Can I print their stuff out?
No this only works for vanilla guns you can try to make one yourself but since Project armory has bazillion guns it would take a long time.

Ink.

Works on in-progress saves, does it?

(Yoda, I am.)

FilthySanchez

Quote from: Ink. on February 24, 2015, 10:25:03 PM
Works on in-progress saves, does it?
Maybe, it just adds workbenches and additional research nothing too complicated. I'm not too good at this stuffs  :D

Alistaire

$0.02 :

It's kinda weird how the skill requirement is a Crafting skill, the workskill is Crafting and it gives Crafting experience, but the speed of the printer depends on the SmithingSpeed (and SmeltingSpeed for recycling).

The 3D printer also uses Steel, which doesn't seem like a great polyester to me. For balance purposes (and realism) you might want to change it to Plasteel, which would also make it easier to justify lower material costs for guns and lower crafting level requirements. The sniper rifle now costs as much Steel as the assault rifle, but their difference in Market Value is too big to make assault rifles.

The advanced printer is also just very unbalanced because it prints basically every gun you could want, it prints them with less materials and it prints them faster. A lower material cost doesn't really make sense - are you making lighter guns? Even if it only prints low level guns faster it's still better than the normal printer.

So:
- Make printer speed depend on CraftingSpeed (or CleaningSpeed if you don't want speed to affect the WorkAmount);
- Change Steel requirement to Plasteel;
- Lower skill requirements (after all you're letting the printer do all the work);
- Lower material cost in the printers and keep them the same for e.g both 3DLowShotty and 3DHighShotty;
- Make the more expensive guns cost more materials;
- Make the advanced printer considerably faster.

klad123

I was only used about making Power Armor.

(I think 300 metals, 150 pla-steel resonable price.)

but I found uncomfortable making process. 

It need some object "unfinished Power Armor" (like a Alpha 9 blacksmith).

because crafter take another action on the way, another cityzen back to all meterials on the save area.

And crafter do once again at first time.

Really thank your mod. I hope this point not making you upset.

Thank you.