[MOD](Alpha 10) The Finer Things - Coffee and Cigarettes

Started by DeaconBlues, February 24, 2015, 09:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadmeat5150

So my colonists don't seem to want the Booze, the smokes, or the coffee. Any way to make them want them automatically? Like it would be cool if you could get a small addiction to smokes and if you don't make more your colonists will steadily lose mood until they get over the addiction.

general222291

Quote from: deadmeat5150 on February 26, 2015, 02:19:12 PM
So my colonists don't seem to want the Booze, the smokes, or the coffee. Any way to make them want them automatically? Like it would be cool if you could get a small addiction to smokes and if you don't make more your colonists will steadily lose mood until they get over the addiction.
That would be really cool!
Mods:
Wandering Caravans [A15]

Kruniac

Yeah we need colonists to automatically consume these things like they do with beer. I have over 100 cups of coffee (Love how cups magically appear) and cigars laying around going nothing. It's a shame - I'd love for my people to live in luxury.

I almost want to say that with the slight nutrition from coffee, and the positive effects that it should take considerably longer to grow tobacco and coffee, but that's just me.

Truth be told, if I had my way I would have it so all grow times are realistic. Months to grow edible plants. :P

Facepunch

Maybe if your colonist smokes atleast 1 tobacco product on 168 days (I think thats an in-game year), his lungs begin to deteriorate. His heart follows (After a while longer, though). Any maybe the Alcohol can damage the liver? I'd like to see things like that going around.

CodyRex123

I don't really like the idea of if you do something to make your colonists happy it makes them become worst, Yes, if it takes awhile, its pretty easy to replace the parts, but with the slaver's mod installed, it makes it kinda hard to keep money...
Dragons!

Facepunch

Get something like Cybernetic Storm, you can simply harvest the bits that are getting busted from your slaves...Or prisoners. Eyes, nose, stomach, ears, etc. You can harvest any organ they have. It's great. Also awesome income.

Kruniac

Quote from: Facepunch on February 26, 2015, 11:31:35 PM
Maybe if your colonist smokes atleast 1 tobacco product on 168 days (I think thats an in-game year), his lungs begin to deteriorate. His heart follows (After a while longer, though). Any maybe the Alcohol can damage the liver? I'd like to see things like that going around.

I mean, that isn't really in the scope of this game. I smoked for about 12 years (Quit last year, finally) and my lungs are fine. The same with alcohol - in the timeframe we're talking about, you don't accrue any meaningful liver damage. Maybe if you're binging nonstop, but getting half loaded every other day isn't doing much.

By that logic coffee should raise your blood pressure or something.

Anyway, did someone figure out how to make it so that people auto consume cigars and coffee yet?

Siberianhamster

I was thinking, an alternative way to deal with coffee and smokes would be to, instead of having crafting tables, having both as dispersers+hopper for the beans\tobacco. Sort of makes more sense. Don't get me wrong, the mod is great as it is, but now i'm looking at a floor cluttered with cigarettes and coffee, and not much room to stash them, or manpower to haul them away. Getting them constant inflow of loots from outside or steel\wood\stone hauled for construction is way more important, there is only so much haulers can deal with. Other way would be to have the crafter automatically drop the finished product on a cabinet nearby, much like cooks drop the food in the freezer. About them not consuming coffee and cigarettes automatically, that is actually a good thing. It would just be one more thing to have them drop what they're doing.

DeaconBlues

Thanks everyone for your feedback, and for noticing that typo :).  While I get the concern regarding your colonists taking a smoke break when they could be doing something better, I'm leaning more towards the auto consume option myself.  This seems to be more in line with the overall gameplay of RimWorld as right now it involves quite a bit of micromanagement and direct player interaction.

Kruniac

Quote from: DeaconBlues on February 28, 2015, 08:54:46 PM
Thanks everyone for your feedback, and for noticing that typo :).  While I get the concern regarding your colonists taking a smoke break when they could be doing something better, I'm leaning more towards the auto consume option myself.  This seems to be more in line with the overall gameplay of RimWorld as right now it involves quite a bit of micromanagement and direct player interaction.

Colonists taking smoke breaks (and drink breaks, whatever) is pretty appropriate. They already consume beer if they have it around. You can always make them not smoke (or not eat) by right clicking an activity and selecting prioritize.

I dunno. I just dislike 100+ cigars and coffee cups laying around. If I manually have people smoke/drink coffee, the buff wears off within a few seconds of max speed play. It's not really worth repeatedly having people drink/smoke timewise.

Kyos

Quote from: Ink. on February 24, 2015, 10:23:32 PM
This is really awesome. Definitely going to install for my colonists to help lighten their days of killing pirates.

Beer. ☑
Liquor. ☑
Ciggarettes. ☑
Coffee. ☑
Weed. ☑

What else are we missing as consumables in mods?

Chocolate

Ice cream

Agent32

Colonists don't use coffee/tobacco/etc, even if i had much of them. Only if i give them directly order. Its not quite comfortably. Vanila beer steel useful, and cost more.

blaze7736

Guys try to renmeber that the auto consuption is hard coded in at the moment just for beer hence it would require some work to do

Psyckosama

Thanks, both for the mod and because I can reverse engineer your mod to get Synthmeat working again :)