[MOD](Alpha 10) The Finer Things - Coffee and Cigarettes

Started by DeaconBlues, February 24, 2015, 09:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adamiks

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: NotAnHiro on May 13, 2015, 02:53:20 AM
Quote from: Xiupan on May 13, 2015, 01:57:09 AM
Can someone please change "Saki" to "Sake"? And "Whisky" to "Whiskey"? Why hasn't anyone else said anything about this yet? I can't possibly be the only one who is bothered by this... right?

Don't get me wrong, I love the concept and the variety of this mod, but this and the textures make me cringe.

I kind of...have to agree. It's OP's privilege to name his creations whatever he(?) wants to, so I didn't say anything about it, just changed it for myself. But if anyone could throw a few textures at him, that'd be great. ^^

Also, I might have missed it, but is there a reason to have a pack of "cigarsomething" and "cigarsomethingelse" too? What is the difference aside from the pack of cigarette giving less mood bonus than the Cuban cigar looking thing? Same goes for the coffee and...expresso, was it?

I fail to realize why I should ever consider making those, anyone knows?

IshOfTheWoods

Thanks for the mod! But I second the spelling fixes. Also, it would be great to see tea added in!

QuoteAlso, I might have missed it, but is there a reason to have a pack of "cigarsomething" and "cigarsomethingelse" too? What is the difference aside from the pack of cigarette giving less mood bonus than the Cuban cigar looking thing? Same goes for the coffee and...expresso, was it?

Just for the sake of variety...? I personally like it, but I could understand wanting a more streamlined version. Vodka, whiskey, sake, etc. are all functionally identical to beer, though I suppose those are at least made from different ingredients.

Ninefinger

Quote from: IshOfTheWoods on May 13, 2015, 08:48:19 PM
Thanks for the mod! But I second the spelling fixes. Also, it would be great to see tea added in!

QuoteAlso, I might have missed it, but is there a reason to have a pack of "cigarsomething" and "cigarsomethingelse" too? What is the difference aside from the pack of cigarette giving less mood bonus than the Cuban cigar looking thing? Same goes for the coffee and...expresso, was it?

Just for the sake of variety...? I personally like it, but I could understand wanting a more streamlined version. Vodka, whiskey, sake, etc. are all functionally identical to beer, though I suppose those are at least made from different ingredients.

they are not identical some are separated into Mid Alcohol and Strong Alcohol, having slightly different effects when consumed.

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: IshOfTheWoods on May 13, 2015, 08:48:19 PM

Kind of, but as you said, "at least made from different ingredients". There's a little variety. But if you could brew some cheap canned beer or quality beer (one giving less, the other more mood boost), would you ever consider "wasting" your hops to brew the cheep one?
That's why I don't get it. It's fun I guess, but useless.

Edit: I'll modify it on my own, for if one takes, like, half the time and ingredients to make, but also gives less bonus, then there IS a point worth considering.

Turtuhl

Whisky is a proper spelling. Just look at the best bourbon on the market...Makers Mark.

IshOfTheWoods

Quote from: LittleGreenStone on May 14, 2015, 04:41:28 AM
Edit: I'll modify it on my own, for if one takes, like, half the time and ingredients to make, but also gives less bonus, then there IS a point worth considering.
I checked out the source. The recipes for espresso and coffee uses the same amount of raw coffee, but making espresso takes longer (600 work vs 400) and produces less (2 cups vs 4). To make up for it, espresso has a stronger effect than normal coffee. I didn't look, but I imagine it's similar with the tobacco products. Now it would be great if only the item descriptions indicated this...

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: IshOfTheWoods on May 14, 2015, 06:53:14 PM
I checked out the source. The recipes for espresso and coffee uses the same amount of raw coffee, but making espresso takes longer (600 work vs 400) and produces less (2 cups vs 4). To make up for it, espresso has a stronger effect than normal coffee. I didn't look, but I imagine it's similar with the tobacco products. Now it would be great if only the item descriptions indicated this...

Ah, my mistake then, I apologize. I admit, even though I created some of both (of both coffee and tobacco products) at first, I did not examine them closely, just looked at their description.

IshOfTheWoods

Quote from: LittleGreenStone on May 15, 2015, 05:21:39 AM
Quote from: IshOfTheWoods on May 14, 2015, 06:53:14 PM

Ah, my mistake then, I apologize. I admit, even though I created some of both (of both coffee and tobacco products) at first, I did not examine them closely, just looked at their description.

I don't blame you. Hopefully the descriptions get updated at some point.

AllenWL

I try not to be picky, but why is there a separate still for alcohol when we have the brewing table? I tried using it, but I really can't make myself actually use it...
I guess I kinda failed at the 'not be picky' part...

raycharming

I have to say that while playing alpha 10 this was one of my favorite mods. But since the updates I miss this mod. I was wondering if there was any plans to bring up to code, so to speak. I hope that wouldn't be too much to ask.