Apparel burning thresholds

Started by Tumuel, February 24, 2015, 03:58:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tumuel

A problem I have been having is this; when I get a new colonist they generally need new clothes, so I set an order to craft some, but I normally set an order for several more clothes than I need and have my colonist wear the best one to ensure quality, and then I have the rest burnt in the crematorium.
It would be more simple if I could set an order in the crematorium to burn only a certain quality (or range of qualities) of clothes. So my tailor would be making clothes all the time, but all the bad ones would be burnt, and the good ones would be kept.

Secondly, it only makes sense to make it possible to burn bows, pila, clubs and whatnot in the crematorium because of the new degrading mechanic it almost discourages you from storing these things in a place where you can sell them, and I end up keeping them underground and I have no way to get rig of them...

Eleazar

Quote from: Tumuel on February 24, 2015, 03:58:56 PM
...the new degrading mechanic it almost discourages you from storing these things in a place where you can sell them, and I end up keeping them underground and I have no way to get rig of them...
As of Alpha 9 Trade beacons work under a roof or a mountain.  No sky access is needed.

tommytom

Yeah, I thought that was annoying.
Maybe add an option to burn apparel below xx% which you could scale to your demands.
Most people won't use 10%, and it's worth pennies trading.
Eventually, you want to burn all 50% or less to get rid of moodlets.
After that is all preference, but if you can keep up with the production/purchasing, you could burn anything less than 90%.

Shinzy

would also love if you could store apparel of specific quality and/or %amount
it's kinda annoying looking through that huge dump of mine for the wearable ones =P

tommytom

Quote from: Shinzy on February 24, 2015, 06:18:08 PM
it's kinda annoying looking through that huge dump of mine for the wearable ones =P
Won't really be needed once Tynan puts in the "uniform" stuff he said he was looking into for A10.

However, an overview for clothing would be nice instead of just the overlay, which doesn't show amounts of body parts and things of that nature.

Eleazar

Quote from: tommytom on February 24, 2015, 07:53:04 PM
Won't really be needed once Tynan puts in the "uniform" stuff he said he was looking into for A10.
Sure it will if you want to sell/burn (or even hopefully repair) clothing that fits certain damage or quality  criterion.

tommytom

Quote from: Eleazar on February 24, 2015, 11:45:11 PM
Quote from: tommytom on February 24, 2015, 07:53:04 PM
I mean the latter part of his post. Not needed for finding best clothing manually, but yeah maybe a dresser or something later to store "spares" instead of lay on the ground.
Sure it will if you want to sell/burn (or even hopefully repair) clothing that fits certain damage or quality  criterion.