[MOD](Alpha 9) Slavers (v1.01) Initial release - easier starts

Started by Wastelander, February 25, 2015, 03:54:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wastelander

QuoteCould you remove the beatings/slaves not working I ask because when you beat them they use an entire med kit to heal em even if it's just a punch to the face. I do like it because it's nice and realistic but just not worth using a med kit to heal everyday after beating them.

Couple ways to make beatings less impactful, arm your Guards with whips, they do almost no damage; and uncheck "patient" labor for prisoners, so they never go to hospital beds. They'll just heal up the bruises while walking around.

Leif

Quote from: Wastelander on February 26, 2015, 01:13:12 AM
QuoteCould you remove the beatings/slaves not working I ask because when you beat them they use an entire med kit to heal em even if it's just a punch to the face. I do like it because it's nice and realistic but just not worth using a med kit to heal everyday after beating them.

Couple ways to make beatings less impactful, arm your Guards with whips, they do almost no damage; and uncheck "patient" labor for prisoners, so they never go to hospital beds. They'll just heal up the bruises while walking around.

Presumably that wouldn't interact well (from a gameplay standpoint, not from a conflict standpoint) with guards who have power claws or other similar enhancements from other mods?

DarkTemplarlord

Nice mod where you can play as bad guys! Also coud you possible make  beanbag turret and sonic turret standalone mod, because there are no non-lethal turret mod or weapons and they woud be great way to get easyly more colonist, if you dont wanna create pirete colony

Grynnreaper

works with prepare carefully, side note, don't use the guy jacked to the eyeballs (including the eyeballs ) with advanced cybernetics/ bionics to administer beatings. gets expensive to fix shattered and destroyed bits on a slave lol. I had to keep extra bits in stock

Kruniac

Quote from: Dragoon on February 25, 2015, 06:40:55 PM
Why do you need to pay slavers? It's not like you the boss paying them it's only the 3 of them landing and since we only get 24 days to get slaves to work it's not really fair since they already get negatives for having to work at all.

Quote from: Kruniac on February 25, 2015, 04:17:52 PM
So pay them.

My bigger concern is slave morale. I give them a mat to sleep on in the cave attached to my slaver complex, and I only beat them once a day, yet they seem so mad.

245 every  time you pay them is a lot of silver.

They are slaves what the hell did you expect not to pissed off 24/7 wouldn't you be?

I was being sarcastic. I was basically saying that I'm brutalizing my slaves and they are mentally breaking, which is awesome.

Anyway, you seem to have got the mod nerfed. Oh well. Time to download the new version.

No. Don't remove the beatings - it's one of the best features of the mod.

What I do is put my medical area (beds for medical use) behind a Slaver Door - slaves can't open it to get in. They can't make themselves use the medical area so there's no issues with medical care on a regular basis.

Justin C

Fox

Quote from: Kruniac on February 25, 2015, 04:17:52 PM
Quote from: Fox on February 25, 2015, 03:59:51 PM
Unpaid = -30 morale

Stupid mod..

So pay them.

LOL?!

I have ~30 colonist.. Every month i need pay ~7500 silver.. Nice joke!

Inacio

Quote from: Wastelander on February 25, 2015, 09:09:00 PM
Quoteany chance of getting the collars as a standalone ?
Since there's already so much cross-pollination between this and the prison improvements mod, I could probably add the slave collars + ability to make slaves in that mod. They just won't have any of the extra behaviors from this mod and will act like regular colonists.

That would be great!

Wastelander

QuotePresumably that wouldn't interact well (from a gameplay standpoint, not from a conflict standpoint) with guards who have power claws or other similar enhancements from other mods?

HAHA, yeah, I think that guy'd be slicing them to ribbons  ;D

QuoteI have ~30 colonist.. Every month i need pay ~7500 silver.. Nice joke!
Being successful in this mod requires playing a bit differently than playing the base game... you probably shouldn't have that many colonists, you should have more slaves instead. Colonists don't work anyway, do you want that many freeloaders sitting around? :)

But let me know if the wages still don't work out, always happy to tweak further.

Wastelander

Being successful in this mod requires playing a bit differently than playing the base game... you probably shouldn't have that many colonists, you should have more slaves instead. Colonists don't work anyway, do you want that many freeloaders sitting around? :)

And let me add on to that - one of the first additions I want to make to this is to add a magnetic cannon building; You send a colonist to man it, it consumes a bunch of power, but has a chance of pulling down a passing cargo ship from low orbit. Chunks of the ship fall, including the cargo, and a couple of hostile crew survive the crash.

It'll give the player the ability to cause fights if you're low on slaves, as well as some cargo to steal and sell to traders if you're low on money. That should make it easier to sustain the colony at high populations.

Kruniac

Quote from: Wastelander on February 26, 2015, 02:02:40 PM

And let me add on to that - one of the first additions I want to make to this is to add a magnetic cannon building; You send a colonist to man it, it consumes a bunch of power, but has a chance of pulling down a passing cargo ship from low orbit. Chunks of the ship fall, including the cargo, and a couple of hostile crew survive the crash.

It'll give the player the ability to cause fights if you're low on slaves, as well as some cargo to steal and sell to traders if you're low on money. That should make it easier to sustain the colony at high populations.

I hope you add this - it's pretty vanilla when you go weeks without another person invading/visiting. Gonna play another game with the latest rimworld version and see if I can use the beanbag turrets a little better.

QuotePresumably that wouldn't interact well (from a gameplay standpoint, not from a conflict standpoint) with guards who have power claws or other similar enhancements from other mods?

Let me put it to you this way - my guard disciplined a slave with a knife. It went terribly wrong.

Dragoon

Quote from: Wastelander on February 26, 2015, 01:13:12 AM

Thank you got telling me :D!! btw Will you be adding in the ability to have one slaver selected as leader?
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

millenium

ooohh ooohh idea!

subdermal explosive control studs. like a slave collar but can be controlled to explode in the case of revolt.

rbm11

Could you make a version with wages disabled, or tell us how to disable them on our own?  Thanks.

Kruniac

A problem I'm having is that the cell doors can be both opened by prisoners and slaves. Slaves are treated as a member of the colony, however. So I can't assign them prisoner beds and treat them as prisoners. It's mildly annoying to have to make 3987234897 bedrooms.

I can't just have the slaves move in with me - they'll dirty and inferior barbarians.