[MOD](Alpha 9) Slavers (v1.01) Initial release - easier starts

Started by Wastelander, February 25, 2015, 03:54:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CodyRex123

When i first played rimworld, I thought having slaves was gonna be a normal thing in the game... once i heard of slaver ships..
Dragons!

Psyckosama

millenium

i NEED  the ability to beat a slave out of a mental break.

Coenmcj

Now to find that mod that adds life support and I can truly torture my slaves...
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Dragoon

HEY GUYS I found a way to sorta remove negatives for wages it's just temp but

Mods\Slavers\Defs\ThoughtDefs

And edit thought defs (right click and open with notepad if necessary) then change the negatives to 0.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Kruniac

Quote from: Dragoon on February 27, 2015, 02:28:45 AM
HEY GUYS I found a way to sorta remove negatives for wages it's just temp but

Mods\Slavers\Defs\ThoughtDefs

And edit thought defs (right click and open with notepad if necessary) then change the negatives to 0.

That's so weak. Just pay them. I understand that the initial embark is a little annoying to get an ATM up and running with everything else you need. Bedrooms, prisoner areas, food, dining, etc, but it adds an element to the game that you otherwise have an easy time with.

I mean you have 3 people who don't want to work and can wear human leather and eat people.

I swear, some folks aren't cut out for hardcore games. :P

Wastelander

Quotebtw Will you be adding in the ability to have one slaver selected as leader?
Yup, I'd like to do that too! Once you reach a certain size you elect a leader... that person gets a raise on their wages, wants a bedroom with expensive furniture, and requests a fancy hat. (I'll also probably add a crown too.) Maybe they'll walk around the colony and chat up the colonists, adding happy thoughts for chatting (or bad if you elect an Abrasive leader, I guess).

QuoteCould you make a version with wages disabled, or tell us how to disable them on our own?
Yep, as pointed out by Dragoon if you really hate the wages, modify Slavers\Defs\ThoughtDefs\SlaversThoughtDefs.xml and set the unpaid states to 0 effect. But I'd rather tweak the system until people are happy with it, should they get paid even less? Or less frequently? Or should there be an even longer grace time before they need to get paid?

QuoteA problem I'm having is that the cell doors can be both opened by prisoners and slaves.
That's intentional, there are three types of doors:

• Doors from the base game, colonists and slaves can open
  • Cell doors from the Prison Improvements mod, colonists, slaves and prisoners can open
  • Slaver doors, only colonists can open
Stick the fancy digs behind a slaver door and keep the untouchables out.  :D

Quotei NEED  the ability to beat a slave out of a mental break.
I like this. Beating snaps them out of slacking mode, but it should probably work for any other (non-psychotic) mental break. I think I'll add this in the future.

Dragoon

I wish I could help with the mod I really do  but it has so many dependencies: the A.I (storyteller) ,the area you land in (resource wise), the pawns themselves. You just can't survive with only 3 slavers (because raids aren't always humans and in alpha 9 they bleed out much faster so not easier to replace anyone). Really it's the A.I that decides what hits you and 7 slavers = 1050 (if they are paid 150 per month) and with the new degrading system in place you get much less from selling...it's just difficult (I know it must be hell for you modders everyone including me crying for balance but it's not that simple) .
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Draevin

I ran into an annoying bug.
Non lethal turrets just shoot errors on CaSe SeNsItiTvE operating systems such as Linux, because the folder named "HeDiffDefs" is miss capitalized it should be "HediffDef".

Other wise Great Work ;D

old_sinh

lude

Great mod!

Eh, uhm

would it be possible to exclude certain jobs (those perfect for the gentry!) from incurring negative thoughts or have varying degrees of "this is below me" I think of Artistic, Doctoring and Research.

Kruniac

QuoteYep, as pointed out by Dragoon if you really hate the wages, modify Slavers\Defs\ThoughtDefs\SlaversThoughtDefs.xml and set the unpaid states to 0 effect. But I'd rather tweak the system until people are happy with it, should they get paid even less? Or less frequently? Or should there be an even longer grace time before they need to get paid?

The system is fine. It was a little pricey before, but since the nerf it's fine. I think what's actually happening here is that certain people aren't used to these kinds of challenges and are having a tough time with it. They'd rather have cannibalistic psychopaths with slaves and no downside, making for an easier game. That's fine, but I think that there has to be some kind of depth to the mod aside from slave mechanics, and the pay system works fairly well.

QuoteThat's intentional, there are three types of doors:

Doors from the base game, colonists and slaves can open
    Cell doors from the Prison Improvements mod, colonists, slaves and prisoners can open
    Slaver doors, only colonists can open

Stick the fancy digs behind a slaver door and keep the untouchables out.

The thing is that if slaves can't use slaver doors, I can't let them go outside to work in the mines. Alternately, if I have a cell door on my main base's entrance, prisoners just casually walk outside, which isn't realistic.

Am I not using the prisoner's mod content properly? What does the security camera do, anyway?

QuoteI wish I could help with the mod I really do  but it has so many dependencies: the A.I (storyteller) ,the area you land in (resource wise), the pawns themselves. You just can't survive with only 3 slavers (because raids aren't always humans and in alpha 9 they bleed out much faster so not easier to replace anyone). Really it's the A.I that decides what hits you and 7 slavers = 1050 (if they are paid 150 per month) and with the new degrading system in place you get much less from selling...it's just difficult (I know it must be hell for you modders everyone including me crying for balance but it's not that simple) .

LMAO. You aren't supposed to be recruiting more slavers, silly! You're supposed to be capturing slaves! I keep my starting 3 slavers and have 4+ slaves to do the labor while the slavers sit around and smoke cigars. No wonder you're having problems with the payment system, you have an army of angry pirates!

CodyRex123

Kruniac, The slaves are considered colonists and therefore can open the normal doors, the slaver doors are only for the colonists you recruit or start out with.
Dragons!

Dragoon

Quote from: Kruniac on February 27, 2015, 09:10:24 AM
-snip-
You know what i have been biting my tongue you speak like a RAHHHHHH someone who is not hearing what I am saying.

Being used to it That's not the problem, I don't mind paying them however it's the amount cash we have available. If you read my comment instead of just comment you would know I said 7 people not because I don't know to recruit slaves (trust me I see the negatives form them having to work at all) but because you would not arm your slaves realistically speaking they would turn on you and more likely shoot at who than who is attacking since there is a good chance that he people attacking are friends of the slaves.
You need more than 3 people I said 7 (because it just sounds right) because if the A.I decides to attack you with a large group of people (who may or may not besiege you) what are you gonna do send 3 at 20? Or what if a revolt happens 3 guards wont be much fighting 10 - 20 slaves. I don't want the paying removed but these are things you have to think about.

leted

I'm having trouble feeding the slaves for some reason. Once I click the "enslave option" and put those collars on them, they stopped eating and going to bed and just outright died. Did I do something wrong here?