[MOD](Alpha 9) Slavers (v1.01) Initial release - easier starts

Started by Wastelander, February 25, 2015, 03:54:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mithradates

I hope that there are well-organized Slave Revolts. Including the slaves arming themselves, freeing one another from their cells, and killing any incapacitated colonists.

Also, Roving Spartacus - AND the Night of Vespers.
Romani arma in omnis habent, acerruma in eos, quibus victis spolia maxuma; audendo et fallundo et bella ex bellis serundo magni facti. Per hunc morem extinguent omnia aut occident.

rEvolutionTU

This is amazing.

I tried adding it last in the mod order to my game with way too many mods for science and it surprisingly worked seemingly well until I loaded a saved game. Can we start working on a list of compatible mods or ways to make existing mods compatible?

If we manage to get this to work with the "convenience mods" (e.g. EdB interface which seemed to work except for the forward/backwards button for swapping between colonists) and a couple of the "much content mods" (e.g. Apothecarius / Cybernetic storm etc.) without savegame issues this would make for one amazing combination.

Grynnreaper

thanks for the mod, its nice to let the evil within out to play for a bit

Fox

Kruniac

Quote from: Fox on February 25, 2015, 03:59:51 PM
Unpaid = -30 morale

Stupid mod..

So pay them.

My bigger concern is slave morale. I give them a mat to sleep on in the cave attached to my slaver complex, and I only beat them once a day, yet they seem so mad.

Makani

Quote from: Fox on February 25, 2015, 03:59:51 PM
Unpaid = -30 morale

Stupid mod..

Calling the mod stupid is a bit uncalled for... all the same, a -30 penalty in anything seems really excessive. Even -15 is an extremely harsh modifier.

Anyways, does this mod include pirate clothes? Please tell me there's pirate hats and jackets :D

Dragoon

Why do you need to pay slavers? It's not like you the boss paying them it's only the 3 of them landing and since we only get 24 days to get slaves to work it's not really fair since they already get negatives for having to work at all.

Quote from: Kruniac on February 25, 2015, 04:17:52 PM
So pay them.

My bigger concern is slave morale. I give them a mat to sleep on in the cave attached to my slaver complex, and I only beat them once a day, yet they seem so mad.

245 every  time you pay them is a lot of silver.

They are slaves what the hell did you expect not to pissed off 24/7 wouldn't you be?
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

skeeveo

This mod seriously needs a rehaul, it's an awesome idea with lots of great additions - however the needs system is total bullcrap - within 1 day of installing this mod ALL of my colonists had gone insane.

They don't want to work, they want an INSANE amount of silver to continue working, slaves are unstoppable... starting off a colony is quite literally impossible with this mod installed.

This is a great idea but horribly executed - get rid of the additional needs!

Wastelander

Quoteany chance of getting the collars as a standalone ?
Since there's already so much cross-pollination between this and the prison improvements mod, I could probably add the slave collars + ability to make slaves in that mod. They just won't have any of the extra behaviors from this mod and will act like regular colonists.

QuoteCalling the mod stupid is a bit uncalled for... all the same, a -30 penalty in anything seems really excessive. Even -15 is an extremely harsh modifier.
This is the first release, so I'm all ears for feedback - the numbers are easy to tweak. I could tone down the "not paid" penalties from -15 and -30 to say -5 and -10, but I wanted to reinforce the idea that the colonists aren't here for fun, they expect to be paid and are leaving if not.

And the reason there's a pay system at all is a balancing mechanism since pirates aren't as easy to anger as colonists are (there's a big list of negative thoughts they aren't affected by).

QuoteAnyways, does this mod include pirate clothes? Please tell me there's pirate hats and jackets :D
If somebody draws them, I'd sooooo include pirate clothes!

QuoteThis mod seriously needs a rehaul, it's an awesome idea with lots of great additions - however the needs system is total bullcrap - within 1 day of installing this mod ALL of my colonists had gone insane.
Huh, that's no good... like I said above the specifics might need some tweaking, any suggestions? Also if enough people ask for it I'll throw out the wages or mischief systems, but I'd rather not if some people enjoy them.

Makani

I recommend the following: -7 for the first tier of dissatisfaction, -14 for the second. Try that and see how it works? And to give people time to get setup... don't let it come active until new colony optimism buffs are gone, I think.

As for mischief, maybe just slow it up a bit and see how that goes at first?

It's a cool idea for a mod, don't mind the naysayers too much.

ItchyFlea

Time to start a new colony.... I'm looking forward to this.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Wastelander

Updated to version 1.01! Hopefully this will make starting out easier.

ModDB is still waiting to approve the file, ugh, so here's a copy: http://www81.zippyshare.com/v/RgVOo3ZR/file.html

QuoteCHANGELOG
1.01:
- Colonist wages now cost (skillpoints * 3), instead of (skillpoints * 5). This should put the average wages around 150 instead of 250 per month.
- Colonists don't expect wages to be paid until the end of the second month (24 days in). "Buy pirates today and get the first month free!"
- Adjusted unpaid negative thoughts downward from -15 and -30 to -7 and -14.
- Adjusted Toiled to only stack to 5 (-25 total).
- Adjusted mischief to only gain at the rate of 3% instead of 5% per day
- Adjusted downward the saw turret and saw gibbet cage thoughts to -4 and -6
- New slaves get the disciplined state for 12 days after being enslaved.

Novellum

You probably wanna update the title of this thread so everyone knows it got an update, and also maybe throw the zippyshare link under the download section, just to cover all bases.

I also noticed you said season, does this mean you only pay your pirates 4 times a year(winter,spring,summer,fall)?

Wastelander

Thanks for the tip, I've updated that... and nope that's a typo, I meant month.

Dragoon

Could you remove the beatings/slaves not working I ask because when you beat them they use an entire med kit to heal em even if it's just a punch to the face. I do like it because it's nice and realistic but just not worth using a med kit to heal everyday after beating them.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.