Creative rewards system test

Started by Tynan, November 13, 2013, 12:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbg10101

Kinda bummed about how short the limits are. My name has an unholy length: Tristan Bellman-Greenwood

Any plans to lengthen the maximum after the tests?

Tynan

Quote from: tbg10101 on November 30, 2013, 03:16:07 AM
Kinda bummed about how short the limits are. My name has an unholy length: Tristan Bellman-Greenwood

Any plans to lengthen the maximum after the tests?

No. The maximum is there for UI design reasons; "Bellman-Greenwood" doesn't fit easily into menus. For example, along with the title ("Bellman-Greenwood, Entrepreneur") it would easily break the current overview menu. All the solution to that (expanding the column, hiding part of the name, adding a second line) are really ugly.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Haplo

I've a question or two:
When do you think it will officially go live?
And do we need to reinsert our entries to the official one?
I'm asking so I know if I should backup my reviewed entry or if it's not necessary..

Tynan

I think this one will be the real one. I can open it up for wide acceptance at any time really; it seems to be working pretty smoothly after a few weeks of refinement.

Hypolite

It still lacks some explanation texts but that doesn't affect stored data.

brianon

"O'Neill" Is a pretty common surname right ? It certainly is in Ireland so why can't I use it for my "Last name" on Rimworld creative page :)

I was a s/w dev for 11 years but a pretty crappy one and even I figured out how to allow the ' special character ;)

Any chance it'll allow my proper "O'Neill" instead of me butchering it to "ONeill" ? :D

Tynan

The O'Neill thing has already been noted as a bug - we're working on it.

brianon

rebelbinary

Hey new to the forums
Some questions:

Finally get to do my Mercenary reward character, will the game allow you to specifically load your character by name? So you know, you can like play yourself?  I plan on making something like 'offworld combat chef' (think Steven Segal in under siege)

Can I play around with the character story/stats during alpha or once I fill everything in hit save it's set in stone and can't be changed?

Just wanted to add some bugs/suggestions
1) Long Title/Short Title  18/11 character length is too short, even for existing titles  example: Urbworld entrepreneur/ entrepreneur
2) Would be good to throw the guildelines right into the creator, so it's easier to fill in, especially if things start changing
2) Will some type of skill +/- calculator may eventually show up?  I guess that's overkill considering you don't want more than 4 changes
3) http://ludeon.com/rimworld/wiki/Backstories is 404 on chrome on mac (redirect ain't workin) but this url works http://rimworldwiki.com/backstories

That is all
Developer of Only One

Hypolite

Quote from: brianon on December 12, 2013, 04:31:42 PM"O'Neill" Is a pretty common surname right ? It certainly is in Ireland so why can't I use it for my "Last name" on Rimworld creative page :)

I was a s/w dev for 11 years but a pretty crappy one and even I figured out how to allow the ' special character ;)

Any chance it'll allow my proper "O'Neill" instead of me butchering it to "ONeill" ? :D
Now it does, thanks for your report!

Tynan

Quote from: rebelbinary on December 12, 2013, 11:35:42 PM
Finally get to do my Mercenary reward character, will the game allow you to specifically load your character by name? So you know, you can like play yourself?  I plan on making something like 'offworld combat chef' (think Steven Segal in under siege)

Can I play around with the character story/stats during alpha or once I fill everything in hit save it's set in stone and can't be changed?

I do want to put a thing in that makes your character spawn. It's not in yet though.

You can't keep changing stuff after it's been approved because we have to check over every change before it can be added into the game, and if everyone was constantly changing their character the burden would be too much. If you really want to change something, or you notice a mistake, email me.

About the suggestions
1) The Entrepreneur is part of the reason those restrictions were created :D He stresses some of the UI
2) It would be easier, but harder to maintain, and there's no space for the full guidelines there. It's worked ok so far to have them all concentrated.
3) No, too much effort.
4) Thanks, let me update that.

In general there are lots of ways to improve the CR system, but we probably won't because it's not really the product. I want to focus on the actual game.

rebelbinary

Quote from: Tynan on December 13, 2013, 03:38:32 PM
Quote from: rebelbinary on December 12, 2013, 11:35:42 PM

I do want to put a thing in that makes your character spawn. It's not in yet though.

You can't keep changing stuff after it's been approved because we have to check over every change before it can be added into the game, and if everyone was constantly changing their character the burden would be too much. If you really want to change something, or you notice a mistake, email me.

About the suggestions
1) The Entrepreneur is part of the reason those restrictions were created :D He stresses some of the UI
2) It would be easier, but harder to maintain, and there's no space for the full guidelines there. It's worked ok so far to have them all concentrated.
3) No, too much effort.
4) Thanks, let me update that.

In general there are lots of ways to improve the CR system, but we probably won't because it's not really the product. I want to focus on the actual game.

Yah sorry bout that, game is definitely main focus, keep up the awesome work. I really hope to see new features, bug fixes and all.
Developer of Only One

AlleeCat

I don't really understand, do I need to use the same email as my PayPal account, or do I need to use the same email as my forum account?

Tynan

Quote from: AlleeCat on December 17, 2013, 07:21:38 PM
I don't really understand, do I need to use the same email as my PayPal account, or do I need to use the same email as my forum account?

PayPal - the system checks for the email that gets the SendOwl emails.

LawnGnomeHitMan

Hello all,

so i just recently got into this game and am loving it, spent the past week over at my buddy place playing it. went online to get myself a copy and got sucked in by the Pirate King package. i then hopped on the forms to figure out how to make my little in game buddy and registered on the RimWorld Creative site to fiddle about with the character creator. upon trying to login, the system kept sending me to the login screen.
i don't know if the data has not hit the system yet or if i am just too eager to play with they system.

Anything i might be missing?
The Gnomes Have Found A New Way To Say Hooray!
Oooooooooomray!