Creative rewards system test

Started by Tynan, November 13, 2013, 12:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tynan

I've gone and moderated all the submission so far. There's some great stuff in there!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Hypolite

Quote from: Cologan on November 15, 2013, 10:30:44 AM
this website should work for the  (Name in Game Pack ($40))-Backers too right? i registered with the right email but it tells me i havent backed yet. what do?^^

Hey Cologan, I checked, you're recognized as a Name in the Game backer, you just have to log out and log in again to gain access to the form.

Quote from: Haplo on November 18, 2013, 04:33:08 AMA small error on the application form:
You can't leave the nickname column empty.
If you do, an error occured: 'The Nickname must not include special characters.'

This is fixed, thanks for the report.

Cologan

ok it recognizes me as a backer now. other problem: is the submit button for the place your name backer - creation a place holder?

or how do you understand 12 characters. The whole name  may only have 12 ; or First Name 12 + Lastname 12 + Nickname 9 ? if its the second option it doesnt work for me, if its the first... well i guess my last name is too long :P

Hypolite

Quote from: Cologan on November 20, 2013, 06:43:37 AM
ok it recognizes me as a backer now. other problem: is the submit button for the place your name backer - creation a place holder?

I'm not sure I understand, there is no other Submit button than at the bottom of the form page?

Quote from: Cologan on November 20, 2013, 06:43:37 AMor how do you understand 12 characters. The whole name  may only have 12 ; or First Name 12 + Lastname 12 + Nickname 9 ? if its the second option it doesnt work for me, if its the first... well i guess my last name is too long :P

It's First Name 12 + Lastname 12 + Nickname 9. :)

jesus_h_pizza

Quote from: Hypolite on November 19, 2013, 09:58:25 AM
Quote from: Cologan on November 15, 2013, 10:30:44 AM
this website should work for the  (Name in Game Pack ($40))-Backers too right? i registered with the right email but it tells me i havent backed yet. what do?^^

Hey Cologan, I checked, you're recognized as a Name in the Game backer, you just have to log out and log in again to gain access to the form.

Quote from: Haplo on November 18, 2013, 04:33:08 AMA small error on the application form:
You can't leave the nickname column empty.
If you do, an error occured: 'The Nickname must not include special characters.'

This is fixed, thanks for the report.

I'm having this error still, "Nickname" is empty and clicking on submit does nothing. (No error message even, just no advancement at all)

Hypolite

I can't seem to reproduce the problem, can either of you hop on IRC to arrange a screen share with me? That would be appreciated!

AgesBeyond

I'm having some trouble getting the creative system to recognize me as having a backer tier and logging in and out hasn't worked so far. I donated through Kickstarter if that might make the difference? The same username/email were used for both.

Cologan

ok this is strange. what i ment with place holder is that nothing happens when i click the submit button. so i logged out and logged in again. and baam same problem as before, the site thinks that i havent backed. logging out and in again mutiple times didnt do much

Tynan

That is strange, Cologan. You're definitely in the SendOwl database so the system should see you.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Pendryn

Hmm, it isn't recognizing me as a backer.
Reticulating all the splines.

jesus_h_pizza

Quote from: Pendryn on November 21, 2013, 02:12:06 PM
Hmm, it isn't recognizing me as a backer.

Me as well, now :\

It's still a WIP at least, right?

Hypolite

I'm maintaining the system, but they won't be more heavy work on it. The backer recognition system is based on data coming from SendOwl, so I can't guarantee its flawlessness. The backer tier is attributed during login to avoid constant requests to SendOwl, the best advice I can give you is to log out and in again to force a re-check. I can check directly the SendOwl status provided you send me the email address you used as a backer by PM.

Hypolite

The backer tier check system is back online thanks to folks at SendOwl, thank you for your patience! If your status is still incorrect, please log out and in again to force the check.

Thorwan

The Save button on the bottom of the page doesn't work for me. I tried both Safari and Chrome on my mac and the button just doesn't do anything… it's not even giving me an error message. Any suggestions?

One the plus side, it recognizes me as a backer :)
--
Thorwan

Hypolite

And that is fixed as well, thanks for reporting it. :)