Greystone

Started by Chalk, February 25, 2015, 09:29:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chalk

One of my favourite things to do in the game is start on Builder mode with the Basebuilder storyteller, turn on the Debug God Mode and construct a nice community, as well as spawn in all the colonists I need. Then, once I'm ready, I turn off God Mode and Debug Mode and crank up the difficulty substantially and see how long I can survive. Although I start off with a LOT more resources and colonists than normal, sustaining all those colonists as well as dealing with the "Very High Expectations" moodlet while being raided by dozens upon dozens of pirates and tribals has its own challenges.

My latest adventure I like to call "Greystone", it's a small city built in a temperate zone, that's going to have to deal with everything from zombies to aggressive wildlife. Sorry about the place still being a mess, but I just finished building it and I'm still cleaning up all the rock and slag chunks from the area. It was a total of 3 hours of planning and another 2 hours of building to finish Greystone, and I'm guessing it'll be another hour or so of cleaning and settling in to get the city in a playable state.

I have 2 squadrons of 4 each that stay in the barracks, Omicron and Epsilon. Both of these squads rush to the entrance in the event of a raid, and make sure the city stays safe. It's also the military's job to fight fires and haul goods. The prison is guarded by Zeta, a squad of 3 soldiers who act as wardens and are responsible for cleaning the prison. The area in the upper right of the prison is my Quarantine Zone (fully equipped with 2 radioactive waste containers for immersion... As well as 3 manned machine guns in case any of them turn), in the event that a citizen, guest or prisoner is bitten by a zombie.

I started the game with 10 colonists, and spawned the rest in. My 10 starting colonists all have 20 in a SINGLE skill, and 0 in the rest of them. They also have 2 positive traits and 1 negative trait (for example, Jogger and Industrious, but also Chemical Fascination. Or Iron-Willed and Sanguine, but also Slowpoke). Although this is far from balanced, it's my way of balancing it.

I'm currently trying to solve my food crisis, since the production line for food is far too slow for me to actually be able to sustain my entire community, plus 24 prisoners. Once I solved that, however, I'm going to be bumping the difficulty aaaaall the way up and enjoy the suffering as I watch my hours of hard, loving work be burned to the ground.

Mod list (and load order):

Core
Less Incident Trolling
Apothecarius
Canned Food
Ceiling Lights
Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering
Modular Tables
More Deco
More Storage
NonLethals
Vein Miner
Nu Metals
EdB Prepare Carefully
Conveyor Belts
Xtra Plants
Harsher Tundra
Stonecutting Skill Change
Battle Stations
Biodiversity
Combat Realism Mod
Combat Realism Defence Pack
FixBone
Harsher Tundra & Biodiversity Compatibility Patch
Glassworks
Zombie Apocalypse
Space & Prison Meals
EdB Mod Order
Extended Woodworking
Extended Woorworking & Xtra lants Compatibility Patch
Prison Improvements
Practice Target

I would have liked to also play with Clutter and Aparello, but neither of them have been updated to Alpha 9, so unfortunately that's not possible.

Screenshots:

Overhead of Greystone, my city

The residential area

The actual houses

Warehouse

Restaurant

Hospital

Barracks

Workshop and Brewery

Prison

Prison Entrance + Yard

Power Plant. 50k power stored, around 40k produced each day. 10k of power is drained each night.

Farmlands. Xtra Plants' textures are screwed up, it's probably the load order but I tried several different load orders and I couldn't get it to work properly. My immersion!

Farmhouses

Entrance

Some of the job priorities

CodyRex123

Wow, Really good idea, i wanna try it, But i don't heavily mod... maybe i should.
Dragons!

MrSurvivor

If you actually want to make it harder you should remove less incident trolling.

Ykara

Wow, what a great idea and what a great colony! I especially love the idea of farm houses ^^

CodyRex123

Can i have a link to these mods?
More Deco
NonLethals
Conveyor Belts
Extended Woodworking
Extended Woorworking & Xtra plants Compatibility Patch
Ceiling Lights
Mods i am kinda intrested in what they do, I know i kinda appear lazy but i couldn't find ceiling lights, More Deco, Nonlethals, at all, sorry.
Dragons!

Chalk

Quote from: MrSurvivor on February 28, 2015, 02:07:10 PM
If you actually want to make it harder you should remove less incident trolling.

I feel like the amount of negative random events are just unreasonable, to be honest. Having my colony blow up every five minutes because of a "power failure" and losing all my power is just a bit ridiculous.

Quote from: CodyRex123 on February 28, 2015, 07:11:05 PM
Can i have a link to these mods?
More Deco
NonLethals
Conveyor Belts
Extended Woodworking
Extended Woorworking & Xtra plants Compatibility Patch
Ceiling Lights
Mods i am kinda intrested in what they do, I know i kinda appear lazy but i couldn't find ceiling lights, More Deco, Nonlethals, at all, sorry.

Conveyor Belts: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10644.0
Extended Woodworking (Xtra plants compatibility patch is in here as well): https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=7893.0
More Deco (includes Ceiling Lights): https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6130.0
NonLethals: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6034.0

CodyRex123

Dragons!