[A9] [TEXTURE] Jabbamonkey's Graphics Overhaul (v. 1.2 - Mar 14)

Started by jabbamonkey, February 25, 2015, 03:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blazergong

Hey JabbaMonkey, Awesome graphics keep up the good work.  One little comment i had retarded muffalo. They were all following theyre ass instead of their head (walking backwards).

Fox

Quote from: Blazergong on March 14, 2015, 01:43:30 AM
Hey JabbaMonkey, Awesome graphics keep up the good work.  One little comment i had retarded muffalo. They were all following theyre ass instead of their head (walking backwards).
+, i say it before...

jabbamonkey

Quote from: Rikiki on March 13, 2015, 04:36:16 PM
Could you explain this sentance?
It seems to me you are insulting JabbaMonkey's work. >:(
If you don't like it, nobody forces you to use it. As this is not constructive criticism, keep this post for yourself.

I'm fine with critiques. Design is subjective... although "crap" is pretty strong. 

Granted, the character artwork was included in the overhaul by mistake, since I am still working on them. They aren't great mainly because alot of the clothing and hats don't mesh well with the bodies yet. And, the new character art will definitely not work with other clothing / hair mods (i.e. More Hair).

jabbamonkey

Quote from: Fox on March 13, 2015, 05:45:50 AM
new colonist texture - 100% shit

My character artwork wasn't meant to be added to the graphic overhaul yet ... since I'm still working on them.  I removed them from the zip file. 

If you have them in your game, and want them gone ... just delete the "Humanoid" folder, located here...

/Mods/Core/Textures/Things/Pawn/Humanoid

silentlord

Quote from: jabbamonkey on February 25, 2015, 04:10:32 PM
Mechanical Defense Textures
Jabbamonkey's Graphic Overhaul

Awaiting upgrade to Alpha 9.  Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

Description:
Texture replacements for the Mechanical Defense mod. They've chosen to include many of our graphics in their mod already ... but if any are missing, download them here.

Preview:
Note: This is a small sample of textures in this pack ... see more on this old thread.

An example of the new robot (there are several different robots). You can view them all here.

its been updated now to A9.... are you updating the textures too? or are the older ones in link still valid.

Fox

Not Found

The requested URL /mods/rimworld/Textures_Core_v1.1.zip was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

http://www.classicgaming.cc/mods/rimworld/Textures_Core_v1.2.zip

mrofa

LOVE the food textures, makes me hungry each time i see them.(soon i will roll over to bed insted of walking X_X)
Grate job with the texture pack :D
All i do is clutter all around.

jabbamonkey

Quote from: Fox on March 14, 2015, 01:45:22 PM
Not Found
The requested URL /mods/rimworld/Textures_Core_v1.1.zip was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
http://www.classicgaming.cc/mods/rimworld/Textures_Core_v1.2.zip

Odd, I change the link in the post ... but it didnt save for some reason. I just change the link again (to the 1.2 version) and double checked. Should be no problem now.

jabbamonkey

Quote from: silentlord on March 14, 2015, 01:08:50 PM
its been updated now to A9.... are you updating the textures too? or are the older ones in link still valid.

Yup, textures are still valid. I'll update the main post...

silentlord

Quote from: jabbamonkey on March 14, 2015, 06:45:53 PM
Quote from: silentlord on March 14, 2015, 01:08:50 PM

Yup, textures are still valid. I'll update the main post...

excellent, i forgot to post before, your work is excellent!

i especially like the uranium in a jar! that looks cool.... the newer ore looks bland. :D

KEBW1144

I would have to say I like the uranium ore, though I do agree it could use a little more color. I love the work you have done so far. If I could offer a critique though, although I love your wall textures compared to the vanilla ones, yours are much more square than the originals. I do like the fact that the original wall textures had a lot more wiggle to them, made them seem a little more organic. Anywho hope you continue working on them, and best of luck.

Cheers!

Igabod

I like the wall texture, but why isn't there a replacement for the RockFlecked_Atlas texture? It looks really weird having these nice new walls with the vanilla wall texture everywhere there is mineable ore.

jabbamonkey

The wall texture replacement that is included in my pack isn't my own. I added it to my core folder awhile back. I got it from the forum somewhere... Not sure where exactly.  If you don't like it, you can just delete the image, and it will not show up im the game anymore (and default to the original texture).

Igabod

Quote from: jabbamonkey on March 18, 2015, 09:42:34 AM
The wall texture replacement that is included in my pack isn't my own. I added it to my core folder awhile back. I got it from the forum somewhere... Not sure where exactly.  If you don't like it, you can just delete the image, and it will not show up im the game anymore (and default to the original texture).

It shouldn't be too difficult to add in the mask for it so you can replace the mineral deposit texture too. I'll look into doing that myself and if I come up with a decent result then I'll be sure to post it here for you to include.