[A9] [TEXTURE] Jabbamonkey's Graphics Overhaul (v. 1.2 - Mar 14)

Started by jabbamonkey, February 25, 2015, 03:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iridescens

Hi there!
First of all, thank you very much @jabbamonkey for such a cool texpack!

Captain Not-So-Obvious reporting:
I tried to modify/update some tex'es for A12, but for now it seems that making a proper tex for multi-stuff object with mask requires you to add <ShaderType>CutoutComplex</ShaderType>
to object's ThingDef. Also original texes have a non-multiple size of sides, like butcher's table is using <drawSize>(3.5,1.5)</drawSize>
where yours will have <drawSize>(3,1)</drawSize>
Plus, since many tables are now <graphicClass>Graphic_Multi</graphicClass>
one should make a front, back and side views.
BTW, 'back' and 'front' are quite misleading, as pawn will use 'back' tex of the object when using an default interaction cell that is BENEATH the object (like mentioned butcher's table). And a side-view should have a left-faced interaction cell.
Check out the attached PNG (with a funny bug revealed - you can place a second object with south-faced interaction cell right next [one cell up] to first, placing inter-cell ontop/inside of it, efficiently making second one inaccessible).

Having said this, a proper retex released as a separate package will NOT be compatible with any mod (CCL - Vanilla tweaks, I'm looking at you...) that touches retexed ThingDef.
Sad but true.

[attachment deleted due to age]

falcongrey

It's starting to look like the compatibility days are nearing the end unless some changes are done to this wonderful mod. With the additions of new items, new animals, and new lots of things... there also appears to be changes to the way the graphics is listed in the game between a single object and stacked objects... .

Example: the graphic for wood breaks if you simply install this graphic core mod. if you go into the core Defs, under the ThingDefs_Items folder and modify Items_Resource_Stuff.xml, you can fix this by changing the line  under WoodLog
<graphicClass>Graphic_StackCount</graphicClass>
to
<graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass>

I haven't seen any impact to the game by making this change, however I'm sure it was sat to 'StackCount' for a reason. :)

Before I get flamed for necromancy of threads... I posted this due to there are still several threads that point to this one for better graphics than original.
It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.

MightyGooga

No flamming. Only Supporters.

I have been playing with SK Harcore for to long, the vanilla graphics for meals and medkits are awful. I just tried to do what you mentioned for the 0.16 version, and got the wood problem. Gonna try to fix this as you pointed out. Thats why I ended up in this thread anyways.

FreyaMaluk

Is there a chance someone can update this mod to A16?? pleaaase

zer02

LWM

If all else fails...it's an open license; you can try your hand at it, if the files are still hosted anywhere?

--LWM