Questions and answers from Tynan.

Started by Semmy, October 02, 2013, 09:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Untrustedlife

Quote from: Galileus on December 17, 2013, 04:51:54 AM
No, there will be no non-human aliens. This was addressed before.

But... there will be variations of humans!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pIZyKif0bFbBWten4drrm7kfSSfvBoJPgG9-ywfN8j8/pub
Tynan just posted this, cleared up and answered several of my questions.
Which is awesome.
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

Bodog999

Question: Will there be some kind of seed or program for making maps?
And will there also be some kind of creative where you have infinite resourses and you are able to do what you want and your colonists will not get hurt or die?

Untrustedlife

just go into the options choose "development mode" then click the god-mode button which appears at the top left of your screen afterwards.
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

mideg

In the FAQs it said, the downloads will be reset with each update. When I downloaded the new version today, my windows download showed only 5 downloads left, the other versions being 7 or 8 downloads left. I guess the count did not reset. :-)

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

mideg

IC, thanks for the answer. While it's not a very important questions, it peaks my interest why there are a different number of downloads allowed per OS?

Tynan

I don't really know. SendOwl gives an extra download or two here and there.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

slaveofpeon

I shall be that guy that rez's a necro here, by asking a question, a wonderful question for tynan, that may have already been asked and replied to, but a question all the same.

What, ultimately, is your goal/objective for the finished product of this game? I dont mean spoilers to what you have ideas for implementation, but rather, what is your idea of a finished product, or what you feel is a great stopping point? Not to sound rude, but you could say screw it, and release it as full status as it is now, and it would still be more than what SBDF9 released when it jumped alpha to released. Do you plan to keep up with it for years, even after alpha/beta/release status, and "update/add" to it? Not to sound rude, but you could say screw it, and release it as full status as it is now, and it would still be more than what SBDF9 released when it jumped alpha to released.

With so much of the controversy involved with steam greenlight in the last few months, with "abandoned" games (SB DF-9 or Towns for instance), or with DLC/1st day DLC/1st day patching of games that are "finished" (certain AAA titles are infamous for this, especially one sort of pollack of a game series *cough*C.O.D.*cough*) I was curious as to what your opinion of a finished product is, and how you plan or what you expect, if and when, final release comes. Do you plan to do like Tarn and Zach, and keep going with it for years on end or ad infinitum, or do you see yourself setting down the project and being finished.

Figured I should ask a complex and heavy question if I necro the thread, and wholeheartedly, I hope that has been done.
Don't mention the elephant in the room, since no one knows it exists if we make a rule against it and never talk about it.

Mention Rum, Get Sixxed

Gyrannon

A Question that I've not seen anywhere on the Site or Forum:
What is the system requirements?

Regardless of how cheap or good the game looks, whether it has very little in terms of effort put into it or a ungodly inhuman amount of effort that rivals God's creation of man kind, there must always be a system requirement for every game ever made.

I need to be sure that my computer will run the game before I buy it. It DOES look epic, but without knowing what it needs to work properly, I won't be able to get it.
Example of risk: You have a Pentium 4 Intel CPU, you want Prototype (Alex Mercer), but the game doesn't have the system requirements listed.

I looked on the main site for RimWorld & I checked forums and I'm just shocked I couldn't find it. After answering my question, please add it the FAQs of the RimWorld Site, this is a must have, and shouldn't be hard to find.

Shurp

This has been discussed before.  Rimworld requires very little in the way of hardware, except that it does demand a 1366x768 screen.  (You can play it in a window but buttons will fall offscreen in trading and elsewhere)
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Gyrannon

1366x768?? O_o
So the resolution can't be changed to something simple like 1280x1024?

harpo99999

the critical point from actual discussion with tynan(a year or so ago) is the 768 or higher line count of the screen and atleast 1280 dots across the screen ie screen res of 1280 x  768 or higher so a 1280 x 1024 will be fine

Grimandevil

this was definitely asked before, but i dont have any links.
it runs on pretty much anything. I've tried it on single core p4 with 1gb ram. But if u're using mods, u want more (more mods = more slowdown).
it perfectly plays in 1024x768 and 1280x800 (tho a smaller UI elements should be an option)

tho, as it is work in progress, any additional addings to the game may drastically change the requirements.
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

Shurp

Hmmm, you're right, I can fit the trade window in a 1024 wide screen.  I got the impression I always needed larger because whenever I would window the game I never windowed it wide enough.  Thank you!
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Rimfire

I'm excited to try all the new features in A13, but I'm dying for a new release. When can we expect to see it?