Questions and answers from Tynan.

Started by Semmy, October 02, 2013, 09:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AspenShadow

Question:
   Will the RimWorld always take place on a moon?

I've noticed in the tooltips and current Alpha footage it always says when the dark seasons come about that you've orbited into the path of your planetary body (or some such) and that's why you've entered a dark season. One or two times I've seen it be gas giant though indicating perhaps not a moon?

May not seem very important but the tiny details make things go along smoother and it may or may not blow one of my rough designs for the Rimworld Logo/Title out of the water.

Tynan

Currently it's a moon that orbits a gas giant. But I'm a little fuzzy on this myself.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

AspenShadow

Quote from: Tynan on October 09, 2013, 01:18:29 PM
Currently it's a moon that orbits a gas giant. But I'm a little fuzzy on this myself.

Cool I'll stick to that for now and change it later as needed.

Semmy

Somebody maybe sticky this topic. if the info is helpfull enough might atleast prevent 1 or 2 topics.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

Keyreper

well i thought about starting a new thread but this seems like a nice place to put my question
What is this?
(sorry img too big to post)
http://i.imgur.com/z4DU9qB.png

salt1219

British

Quote from: Keyreper on October 12, 2013, 06:04:50 PM
well i thought about starting a new thread but this seems like a nice place to put my question
What is this?
(sorry img too big to post)
http://i.imgur.com/z4DU9qB.png

It's a gibbet cage, that you can build once you've researched "Fear Tech 1" (can't remember if it's the right name).
You place bodies in it, and it scares people that see it (supposedly only raiders ?).

Hypolite

Those are cages. You can put corpses in them to frighten your colonists. It's part of the mood system based on love and fear. If you can't keep you colonists sane by improving their love mood, you can frighten them with some old school tactics. Dead bodies in cage is part of that line of thought ;)

salt1219

do you get to place bodies in them? i wondered what those looked like in game, hadn't seen them placed in any of the youtube videos.

i have one i was wondering about too.... let me see if i can dig it up i will edit this in a minute
whats the air-conditioner looking thing in blue?
this looks like its a early version of the game.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Hypolite

It's basically an open dump area. You can choose what kind of corpses you want to put in.

salt1219

any kind you say?  i'm going to scare some raiders with squirrel corpses

Hypolite

Not sure it does anything to raiders, they will try to kill you anyway. But for colonists, it's a different story ;)

British

The "air conditioner" is actually an air miner:

There's also a tank for the air:

I don't think they're in the game as of right now, but if they are, that means our resident wiki-writer is getting lazy :P ;)

Hypolite

Actually, they were in the game back when it was still called "Eclipse Colony", rooms had to be supplied with air for colonists to be able to breathe, but it was to hard to recover from a breach, and colonists could not wander outside. Tynan got rid of that system and made the planet air breathable by standard.

Pheanox

Nice to know how easy it will be to switch to hostile atmosphere if the biome module gets in.