[MOD](Alpha 9) Genetically-Engineered Creatures (v1.1.0)

Started by SlimeCrusher, February 25, 2015, 08:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlimeCrusher

Genetically-Engineered Creatures
v1.0.0

Introduction
The first time i saw the description of the megascarab, it described how they were made to combat mechanoids, and how they were found without its "deadlier cousins".
That's what i'm offering, 5 new creatures, all genetically engineered, specifically for fighting mechanoid invasions. The creatures are: the Hazardant, has a strong armor, is fast and is hard to hit, but it delivers low damage, the Longworm, a weak and slow worm with big mandibles that spits a stream of acid, the Pincercrab, a small crab with very sharp pincers and a tough caparace, the Gigascarab (actually its a stag beetle), sporting huge mandibles and a really tough shell, these are the megascarab warriors, and last but not least, the Berserker, a huge genetically modified human, has super-human strenght and is much more deadlier. It is also really tough.

Authors
-SlimeCrusher

Additional credits
-Gearbox software: Berserker sound effects (burrowed from HL:OpFor's gonome)

Changelog
V1.1.0:
Added Berserker
V1.0.0:
Added Hazardant
Added Longworm
Added Pincercrab
Added Gigascarab

How to Install
Outgame: Decompress the .rar file you downloaded, then copy-paste the "GenEngCreatures" into your Rimworld/Mods folder.
Ingame: Activate the mod via "Mods" option in the main menu, then make a new world.

Known Bugs
.These pawns will spawn on the crashed ship part, there is no way to fix this.

Download
V1.1.0 Click to Download

Notes
The only pawn with a custom body type is the Hazardant, i already made the longworm and pincercrab bodies, but for some strange bug, they die with a single hit, so i didn't include them, they use a placeholder "BeetleLike" body though.
If you find any important bug, tell me so i can fix it, i hadn't had time to play this on a colony, just tested via dev menu, so i appreciate any feedback on how this mod performs. Please note that these creatures will attack only from day 45.

StorymasterQ

Oh here we go with the Gigascarab. Next we'll find the Terascarab, Petascarab, Zetascarab...when will it end?!

Otherwise, looks like a cool mod.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

gameismyname

I may combine this mod with the flamethrower mod.  You know, so I can actually "kill it with fire."  I'm kind of freaking out right now.

Great mod.

Epyk

Facepunch

Quote from: StorymasterQ on February 25, 2015, 09:04:45 PM
Oh here we go with the Gigascarab. Next we'll find the Terascarab, Petascarab, Zetascarab...when will it end?!

There should be a mod for that, adds the Scarab, KiloScarab, MegaScarab, GigaScarab, TerraScarab, PetaScarab, ExaScarab, ZetaScarab, YottaScarab...Or maybe drop the last few, prolly be a lil OP.

SlimeCrusher

I actually thought about the word "Giant", but "Giantscarab" doesn't really fit well. I don't want to be mean, but if you have a better name suggestion, i would really want to see it!  ;)

StorymasterQ

Quote from: SlimeCrusher on February 25, 2015, 09:59:21 PM

I actually thought about the word "Giant", but "Giantscarab" doesn't really fit well. I don't want to be mean, but if you have a better name suggestion, i would really want to see it!  ;)

Sadly, I don't. The more I think about it the more it sounded like "Scary Arab" in my head.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Grynnreaper

r3dp

Wait, so are these randomly spawned or migrate to your colony? Or do you release in a pod near a ship part to kill off the mechanoids. If they do randomly spawn, then you should be able to capture them and  put them into a pod launcher(or something else), then right as a ship part lands, you will be able to launch them at the mechanoids or oncoming pirate invaders. Probably sounds a little OP but maybe you can make the minimum of creatures in the pod like 2-3... Also, you should have a holding pin, sort of like a prison, to hold the creatures in, so you can either release them when pirates are invading.

SlimeCrusher

Quote from: r3dp on February 26, 2015, 09:05:57 AM
Wait, so are these randomly spawned or migrate to your colony? Or do you release in a pod near a ship part to kill off the mechanoids. If they do randomly spawn, then you should be able to capture them and  put them into a pod launcher(or something else), then right as a ship part lands, you will be able to launch them at the mechanoids or oncoming pirate invaders. Probably sounds a little OP but maybe you can make the minimum of creatures in the pod like 2-3... Also, you should have a holding pin, sort of like a prison, to hold the creatures in, so you can either release them when pirates are invading.
Wow i didn't think of that one, great idea!  ;D
The pawns themselves spawn as a faction (a nearby sector), but because of tough they are, there is a big change of incapacitating one, so maybe you could capture it...
But the only problem is that my coding skills are XML-only, i know very basic stuff about c# but yea, just extremely basic stuff (what booleans are, etc... No coding skills)  :-\

Quote from: Grynnreaper on February 26, 2015, 01:07:29 AM
nope...nope nope nope
What? You can't believe this mod exists, or you don't like the mod? Or you were doing the exact same mod and i released mine first?   ???

r3dp

It's all good!! Good luck! I also like your Half-Rim 1 mod. :)

SlimeCrusher

Update 1.1.0 released!  ;D
Includes the Berserker pawn, a genetically engineered human, wich has been transformed into a hulk-like zombie thingy with huge strength and size.