Ludeon Forums

Ludeon Forums

• May 26, 2020, 06:45:49 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19

Author Topic: [A12d] Wastelander's Minor mods: Mending updated by skyarkhangel  (Read 127887 times)

Ratys

• Colonist
  • Things made of Stuff.
    • View Profile
Re: [A9] Wastelander's Minor mods: Skill Lock (Building skill filter!)
« Reply #135 on: June 24, 2015, 08:01:41 AM »

... into an already running game ...

That part made it click: one thing that I haven't tried is starting a NEW colony, rather than loading a save. And what do you know, indeed the issue is gone. So, thank you for mentioning it, it indeed was helpful! Guess that's what I get for making it a point for all my mods to work out of the box in existing games - I tend to forget that sometimes a new game is required; nevermind it working (?) before, for some reason introducing a WorkType into an ongoing game breaks it.

I went ahead and 'fixed' things that cropped up after this was out of the way - I had to throw away the code that explicitly makes colonists automagically haul mended items back to storage, now they'll only do that if they feel like it, leaving it to someone else if they don't.

Bottom line, what I've attached to this post works in Alpha 11, and requires a new colony. Source included.

[attachment deleted due to age]

LanMc

• Colonist
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
    • Lans Soapbox
« Reply #136 on: June 24, 2015, 08:21:38 AM »

Thank you Ratys - going to give it a try!!!
Hi, my name is Lan and I am a Rimworld addict...

nmid

• Colonist
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 24, 2015, 02:06:58 PM »

... into an already running game ...

That part made it click: one thing that I haven't tried is starting a NEW colony, rather than loading a save. And what do you know, indeed the issue is gone. So, thank you for mentioning it, it indeed was helpful!
 for some reason introducing a WorkType into an ongoing game breaks it.
I went ahead and 'fixed' things that cropped up after this was out of the way - I had to throw away the code that explicitly makes colonists automagically haul mended items back to storage, now they'll only do that if they feel like it, leaving it to someone else if they don't.

Glad it helped, Ratys :)
I'll wait to start my new colony to add mending.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

Kaballah

• Colonist
  • Enjoyer of Failure
    • View Profile
Re: [A11] Wastelander's Minor mods: Mending updated by Ratys
« Reply #138 on: June 26, 2015, 02:24:16 AM »

Thanks for updating the mending bench, I always liked this.

Kaballah

• Colonist
  • Enjoyer of Failure
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 26, 2015, 08:31:06 AM »

Found a bug, if colonist(s) with the mending labor enabled are assigned to a restriction area and the target item to be mended is outside the area, exceptions are generated.  I didn't think to catch a screenshot when this happened but I'm pretty sure it won't be hard to reproduce at all.

omatkoicorko

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 26, 2015, 11:29:01 AM »

it is not working with Ultimate Overhaul Modpack

Shtuka

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 27, 2015, 07:52:43 PM »

Why not? Are u sure?

Ratys

• Colonist
  • Things made of Stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 28, 2015, 05:56:43 AM »

Yeah, I'm gonna need more info than that. What exactly do you mean by 'not working'? Reproduction steps? What are you trying to do and what happens instead? Also, if it's 'not working in a pack' you should take it up with the pack's maintainer as well, and give me a link to the pack.

EDIT:

I'm looking at the restricted areas issue.

Kaballah

• Colonist
  • Enjoyer of Failure
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 28, 2015, 07:08:08 AM »

Okey doke, although it's not that disruptive (just leave scattered equipment forbidden)

omatkoicorko

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 30, 2015, 12:23:01 PM »

ok it is now, i re-installed all... i have to say it is nice mod, but i wonder if it is possible to repair items worn by colonists

CyborgDragon

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 30, 2015, 12:33:53 PM »

Edit their outfits to be limited to say, 33% durability. They'll then drop pieces of their outfit when they hit that durability level. If there's anything else laying around, they'll equip that, but if not, they'll just wait for their outfit to be mended.

Kaballah

• Colonist
  • Enjoyer of Failure
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 30, 2015, 04:12:08 PM »

You don't really need to do that, if you keep a pool of appropriate clothing they'll automatically go swap out tattered clothing for undamaged stuff with just their default outfit settings.  You can end up forcing them to have empty slots (like overcoat, which can be dangerous) if you tinker with outfit settings too much.

twisted067

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 30, 2015, 06:25:20 PM »

Adding mending broke my game, I have 20 or so mods already but adding this one suddenly prevented colonists from doing any jobs unless I manually order them around, for every little thing. Including eating and sleeping. Not sure if its a combination of mods that does this or just this mod alone

Ratys

• Colonist
  • Things made of Stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 30, 2015, 06:56:18 PM »

Adding mending broke my game, I have 20 or so mods already but adding this one suddenly prevented colonists from doing any jobs unless I manually order them around, for every little thing. Including eating and sleeping. Not sure if its a combination of mods that does this or just this mod alone

You need to start a new colony. For some reason, adding a new WorkType (which Mending does) into an existing game causes colonist AI to melt down. I don't recall that happening in prior versions of RimWorld, so it's likely that something well outside my reach was changed - meaning it's not something I can fix.

twisted067

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 30, 2015, 07:18:24 PM »

Ahh thats a shame, I dont want to start all over :(

You need to start a new colony. For some reason, adding a new WorkType (which Mending does) into an existing game causes colonist AI to melt down. I don't recall that happening in prior versions of RimWorld, so it's likely that something well outside my reach was changed - meaning it's not something I can fix.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19