[A12d] Wastelander's Minor mods: Mending updated by skyarkhangel

Started by Wastelander, February 25, 2015, 08:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cefwyn

Can you use your .dll to make a mod that stuffs low-quality items into the incinerator?
You could add two placeable items.

One (a mirror maybe, since we already have a dresser mod) that lets you toggle which kind of gear (clothes, weapons, armor) to replace on low quality (maybe add a choice for the %).

The second one could be the incinerator (alternatively you could mod the one already in the game, same options apply: choice of items, choice of quality).

AN7AG0NIS7

Hi! I'm enjoying your mod very much. I have a very minor issue though. My nudist pawn automatically picks up pants to put on even though she's a nudist.. So yeah.. Stop oppressing her right to go pantsless!  ;D

karlnp

This was acting very strangely for me last night. A particular colonist who wasn't a nudist would put on jackets and then immediately take them off, so she was naked and hypothermic most of the time. After a raid, she travelled half the map repeatedly equipping the raider's pants and the pants she had on previously in a cycle until I forbid one of the items..

Fox

Wastelander

Quote from: karlnp on March 01, 2015, 07:21:00 PM
This was acting very strangely for me last night. A particular colonist who wasn't a nudist would put on jackets and then immediately take them off, so she was naked and hypothermic most of the time. After a raid, she travelled half the map repeatedly equipping the raider's pants and the pants she had on previously in a cycle until I forbid one of the items..

That's super weird. They shouldn't consider clothing at less than 50% health as something to put on, so they should never loop....

I did browse through my code and it looks like this might be possible if the health of the clothing is at exactly 50% - could be a bug there. Is that what happened?

Otherwise, any chance you have other clothing mods enabled?

Wastelander

Oh yeah, I took another look through my code and I know what's going on. Ladies are considered nude if they don't have a shirt as well as pants, but I'm only making them go look for pants... so they'd never put on a shirt, but cycle through all the pants they can find...

I'll bang out a fix for this tonight.

Wastelander

Just posted the fixed version, you shouldn't see loops any more. Also nudists won't put on leg prisons pants anymore.

Ladies won't look for shirts to put on - this is to avoid issues like wearing a parka in deadly heat, that kind of stuff. Ladies will only find pants on their own.

Wastelander

I just posted the next mod I've been working on, which allows colonists to fix broken items. :)

AN7AG0NIS7

Quote from: Wastelander on March 02, 2015, 08:50:59 PM
Just posted the fixed version, you shouldn't see loops any more. Also nudists won't put on leg prisons pants anymore.

Thank you Wastelander! Home is where the pants aren't!  ;D

I'm gonna download both mods when I get home from work.

Cefwyn

Mending! Thats awesome, Wastelander, thanks for your mods!

Quote from: Wastelander on March 03, 2015, 01:30:25 AM
I just posted the next mod I've been working on, which allows colonists to fix broken items. :)

Yet another instant MUST HAVE. You are on a rampage!!

JAVAgamer

I love the mending mod a lot! But, it's kinda unbalanced. Normally you can't fix a plasteel knife from 1 to 100 health with just thin air. I would suggest making the mending require 2 or more units of the same material the item was made of.

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Wastelander

Thanks all!

QuoteI love the mending mod a lot! But, it's kinda unbalanced. Normally you can't fix a plasteel knife from 1 to 100 health with just thin air. I would suggest making the mending require 2 or more units of the same material the item was made of.

Yeah, I thought about doing something like reducing the max health on an item when it is repaired, or reducing it's quality if it's very damaged, stuff like that.... but in the end I just want to bridge a little gap in the game and have the mod be as simple as possible. IIRC Tynan has already said item fixing will come about soon, and I'm sure his solution will be more fleshed out gameplay-wise.

Humort

You've made a wonderful mod, but I noticed two oddities. 1) the Colonists, when transferring the repaired items, get weapons, as if transferred prisoners. 2) To repair things, is used skill building, although it is more logical to use the skill of an artisan.
I speak Russian if you don't understand that I wrote, Google Translator is guilty of it