[A12d] Wastelander's Minor mods: Mending updated by skyarkhangel

Started by Wastelander, February 25, 2015, 08:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stup-krou

Setting a treshold for each item would be a huge pain, if it is manageable to configure it directly on the mending table (a bit like the Skill Lock for production table i guess), it would work for the best i think. Repairing their own items is a terrific idea, i dont know why i havent thought of that, it seems so obvious :D
I agree also to use materials could be nice to repair the items but the problem is that you would need all your ressources to be in the same stck pile, and if your pawn has to go left and right get materials to repair one single item.
Maybe to balance out this a little. The skill level of mending of your pawn would determine which 'damage treshold' he can can repairing items at, i.e. my pawn has level 7 mending, so he can repair items only 70% or above. Something attached to the skill level like it works with meals, ...
Hopefully there is some of these things you can do  8)

Hiztaar

Hi guy, I want to say, god I love the mending mod !

I played for a while with it and as I was preparing to make a huge armory and missile stock... It all exploded and I got a huge hole open for a horde of mechanoids. We cannot repair artillery shells, canon shells and rocket missiles. Could you add the ability to repair them on the next version ?
"What do you mean, "*They* cut the power ?"

[B18] United States Colonial Marines (Aliens) - All mods

Wastelander

QuoteMy colonist continue to repair the same fucking item over and over again Q_Q

I think the issues you guys are having is that you are storing items outside. Pretty quickly they degrade (in less than a day they take damage I think), so yeah your menders will run out there to fix it back up to 100% all the time. :(

That's why there's an "outside" checkbox in the mending settings, because items outside are assumed to be taking small amounts of damage, so that should stop your colonists from running out there to fix 'em up all the time.

QuoteI played for a while with it and as I was preparing to make a huge armory and missile stock... It all exploded and I got a huge hole open for a horde of mechanoids. We cannot repair artillery shells, canon shells and rocket missiles. Could you add the ability to repair them on the next version ?
Er... I didn't know shells could get damaged :P I thought they blew up if they got damaged?

QuotePlease, make people with mending repair item they wear. This is finaly the best thing we need.
Maybe you could use the Outfitter mod from this thread as well? :) That way anybody wearing damaged clothing will take it off and put better clothing on, then menders will come along and find the damaged clothing on the ground...

Vonholtz

Do you know if the outfitter mod work with other mods like Apparello? It has a lot more clothing then the vanilla game has. I have been using bother mods but seem like my pawns are not changing out better clothing. I have about 7 good cloth parkas in a indoor beacon room. They are not marked and they are all mended to a 100%. But my pawns have good cloth parkas at 56% and they are not changing them out. Could it be because they are different colors? Or could it be do to other mods like Apparello?

RemingtonRyder

The threhold for changing (and for the 'frayed apparel' thought) is 50% so those cloth parkas they are wearing are considered to still be okay.

Vonholtz

Quote from: MarvinKosh on March 09, 2015, 12:28:09 AM
The threhold for changing (and for the 'frayed apparel' thought) is 50% so those cloth parkas they are wearing are considered to still be okay.
Ah I did not know that. My pawns still whine about frayed apparel at the 56% damage level. Thats how I noticed the parka in the first place.

Vonholtz

Quote from: Canute on March 09, 2015, 03:53:17 AM
[quote ]Quote

About Skill locker.
Like i wrote it previously, it is a very helpful mod.
But is there an option/way to set a table or bill exclusive to a special crafter ?
Sometimes there are 2 crafter with the same level but different equipment, one should do the bill's with fixed results (bills they just give 1 item) and the other do the bill which his eff. goes into the result.
That what we were talking about few post up. I billed base lock that use a pawns by name to do the work. So as you set the billed and what you will use to make the item or do the task you can pick a pawn of yours by name as the only one to work on the item.

But as Wastelander point out it do able but it a lot harder to do. Skill lock was a easier way to make it work. And much better then not having any thing at this point.  :D

Wastelander

So last night I looked at adding shells to the mending table, but I don't think I can. My problem is that shells are in the "resources" category, and if I add shells, I have to add that whole category... so then you'd be able to do silly things like repair meat. :\ For now, I don't think I can add shells to the list of things that can be repaired.

QuoteSometimes there are 2 crafter with the same level but different equipment, one should do the bill's with fixed results
I thought if two colonists have the same skill level, it shouldn't matter who does the job; is there anything else that goes into item quality? What equipment matters when you're crafting?

skullywag

You need a better check in your jobonthing method, its spilling out into things that are nothing to do with this mod that are worktables, my automated healing mod errors with "Mending mod: could not find MenderBuildingComp" when i right click a casket with a pawn selected.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Wastelander

Master Bucketsmith

Hey uhm, I might have overlooked something, but what's an easy way to tell if you updated your mods? I'm not sure on which versions I have and which are your latest. Could you perhaps keep a version number in the main post?

Kaballah

Quote from: Stup-krou on March 07, 2015, 10:37:32 AM
Thanks for this mod Wastelander, i really enjoy it.
I didnt encounter any bug or issue with it so far. The only problem i saw is like Asfalto pointed out you cant set a treshold to repair items with -x%. That would be the best thing because my mender tends to waste too much time repairing items he repaired the day before and are still 98% condition.  It seemed like maybe, the mender would go for the best shaped items to repair first.
So if you can implement a damage treshold and repair damaged items first, the mod would be just perfect and 100% efficient IMO.
This would be totally fine, and in fact I think it would be OK if you just made it a hard threshold of 95% or whatever if it's difficult to code it for user input.

Wastelander

QuoteHey uhm, I might have overlooked something, but what's an easy way to tell if you updated your mods? I'm not sure on which versions I have and which are your latest. Could you perhaps keep a version number in the main post?
Yeah, I'll update the title when I release a new version and keep a version in the main post.

QuoteThis would be totally fine, and in fact I think it would be OK if you just made it a hard threshold of 95% or whatever if it's difficult to code it for user input.
OK, at some point soon I'll add a "repair items under health %" slider to the Mending bench. It'll default to 100%, though. :)

Master Bucketsmith

Dragoon

Quote from: Bucketsmith on March 14, 2015, 04:14:58 AM
Colonists don't mend items they are wearing, do they?

No, it was stated they did not a few pages back :/ .
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.