[A12d] Wastelander's Minor mods: Mending updated by skyarkhangel

Started by Wastelander, February 25, 2015, 08:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remorium

nmid

I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

nmid

Thanks for pointing that out to me..
Didn't know about 1.
As for 2, haven't seen the max skill lock or perhaps I haven't noticed it.

1. Regarding swapping of clothes, I haven't used the outfit filters properly, so my colonists either are on "MM Hell" with NOTHING or they pick up anything to wear.
With just 60 days into the colony, no one has worn out anything on auto-mode, while the MM HELL outfits keep getting manually* swapped to something better :D
2. I have seen the min skill limitation, haven't seen a max skill setting... that did stop my plans on making some sort of training table for my slaves to increase their crafting skills. Might have missed it.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

Remorium

Beathrus

harpo99999

I also want the mending table updated to a11, the game feel bland without being able to mend the worn out items

LanMc

Quote from: harpo99999 on June 16, 2015, 05:01:14 AM
I also want the mending table updated to a11, the game feel bland without being able to mend the worn out items

Me three!  I love this mod!
Hi, my name is Lan and I am a Rimworld addict...

Beathrus

Only change I'd like for A11 is tweaking repair speeds; making it based on speed, and having a powered and non powered with it being like.

Non-powered = 100% Speed
Powered = 150% Speed

And then skill adding in 5% speed each level via crafting. So at Level 20 crafting it would another 100%

Also, for items themselves using this.

-3.Awful, -2.Shoddy, -1.Poor, 0.Normal, 1.Good, 2.Superior, 3.Excellent, 4.Masterpiece, 5.Legendary

Everything requires 1 of the material to fix below Normal. So, Normal and below only costs 1 material; and beyond that, it would require 1 more per increase in quality.

So... Good would cost 2, Superior 3, Excellent 4, Masterpiece 5, and Legendary would be 6.

But yes, The A9 mending table felt cheaty. Because of how fast and how cheap it was to repair(Meaning free besides time).

Edit: Wastelander, come back to us. We miss you, and your Mending mod.  :'(

Beathrus

Remorium

If anyone could give me advice on how to update the code in this mod, I'd attempt it. Problem is, I have no idea what was changed and I've never done something like this before.

harpo99999

part of the problem is that there is a dll that will need to be updated as well as the changes in the xml's, while czarnoff has supplied  a source for the dll for a10, I have no idea what te differnces would be between a10 & a11

harpo99999

I also desperatly MISS the MENDING mod, and would like it in the CORE game asap

Beathrus

Mr. Wastelander hasn't been active since
    May 23, 2015, 11:50:24 AM
Can someone maybe update this mod for Alpha 11? :/ Its hard to use Apparello, Norbals, and now Pirates without it.