[A12d] Wastelander's Minor mods: Mending updated by skyarkhangel

Started by Wastelander, February 25, 2015, 08:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ratys

Quote from: omatkoicorko on June 26, 2015, 11:29:01 AM
it is not working with Ultimate Overhaul Modpack

Yeah, I'm gonna need more info than that. What exactly do you mean by 'not working'? Reproduction steps? What are you trying to do and what happens instead? Also, if it's 'not working in a pack' you should take it up with the pack's maintainer as well, and give me a link to the pack.

EDIT:

I'm looking at the restricted areas issue.

Kaballah

Okey doke, although it's not that disruptive (just leave scattered equipment forbidden)

omatkoicorko

ok it is now, i re-installed all... i have to say it is nice mod, but i wonder if it is possible to repair items worn by colonists

CyborgDragon

Edit their outfits to be limited to say, 33% durability. They'll then drop pieces of their outfit when they hit that durability level. If there's anything else laying around, they'll equip that, but if not, they'll just wait for their outfit to be mended.

Kaballah

You don't really need to do that, if you keep a pool of appropriate clothing they'll automatically go swap out tattered clothing for undamaged stuff with just their default outfit settings.  You can end up forcing them to have empty slots (like overcoat, which can be dangerous) if you tinker with outfit settings too much.

twisted067

Adding mending broke my game, I have 20 or so mods already but adding this one suddenly prevented colonists from doing any jobs unless I manually order them around, for every little thing. Including eating and sleeping. Not sure if its a combination of mods that does this or just this mod alone

Ratys

Quote from: twisted067 on June 30, 2015, 06:25:20 PM
Adding mending broke my game, I have 20 or so mods already but adding this one suddenly prevented colonists from doing any jobs unless I manually order them around, for every little thing. Including eating and sleeping. Not sure if its a combination of mods that does this or just this mod alone

You need to start a new colony. For some reason, adding a new WorkType (which Mending does) into an existing game causes colonist AI to melt down. I don't recall that happening in prior versions of RimWorld, so it's likely that something well outside my reach was changed - meaning it's not something I can fix.

twisted067

Quote from: Ratys on June 30, 2015, 06:56:18 PM
Quote from: twisted067 on June 30, 2015, 06:25:20 PM

Ahh thats a shame, I dont want to start all over :(

You need to start a new colony. For some reason, adding a new WorkType (which Mending does) into an existing game causes colonist AI to melt down. I don't recall that happening in prior versions of RimWorld, so it's likely that something well outside my reach was changed - meaning it's not something I can fix.

skyarkhangel

Big thanks for update. It really vanilla-important mod.

mipen

It might be me, but I can't seem to download Mending. It just takes me to the forum's main page :(

harpo99999

mipen, I just checked the attachment by ratys on pacge 10 and it downloads, is the one you tried that one or the one in the op?

mipen

I tried the one on the op, I'll check the one on page 10 now, thanks :)

falcongrey

Quote from: mipen on July 04, 2015, 03:21:04 AM
It might be me, but I can't seem to download Mending. It just takes me to the forum's main page :(

OP link is not a download link. It just re-links back to the OP page. Page 10 link works. :)
It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.

Litcube

I've tried to recompile this for 11b, but it looks like the methods changed.  PotetialWorkThingRequest and JobOnThing are no longer valid methods.

Any ideas folks?

Litcube

I figured it out.  WorkGiver has been reworked, it seems.

Here's the new assembly for 11b:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/86z7cd6lg0pkcsn/Mending.zip