[A12d] Wastelander's Minor mods: Mending updated by skyarkhangel

Started by Wastelander, February 25, 2015, 08:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klaatu

Can you upload it somewhere else? This yandex stuff does not work at all for me.

jay_rab

Love the idea about being able to mend items, we can already mend(repair) walls, turrets, humans and animals... seems that some sort of system to repair items should naturally included.

I would be interested in this as a bill for the current crafting tables as well rather then another table and just to fall under a current skill as I like the idea of managing priority from the table vs the work list.

SirViver

Yeah, mending should definitely just be a bill for the corresponding crafting table. It's actually more logical and simpler at the same time :)
Mending really should be a part of the core game; it makes no sense whatsoever that you can magic up various hi tech electronic items from a few chunks of steel you mined out of a mountain, but are completely unable to fix a hole in your socks.

Ideally the maximum item health percentage achievable by mending should be dictated by the same skill used for creating the item, so only a master at the craft (barring modifiers like sight and manipulation) can actually bring an item back to 100%. I'd put the 0-skill point somewhere at 40-45% status with a sliding scale up to 100% at 20 skill... or 18, or whatever. That way you wouldn't need a huge skill number to get clothing out of tattered territory, but still require someone actually good at the craft to repair broken items well enough to count as new. If you want to get fancy you could even introduce something similar to medical operation failures where the item actually ends up worse or with a reduced quality level.

I feel some limitation needs to be there to balance out the fact that mending just magically fixes stuff for free except using a colonist's time. Otherwise mending is just too easy to abuse as a cash source from repairing the inevitable mounds of broken raid leftovers.

bullet

Hi Wasteland. Veeeery useful mod! Sorry I haven't written this before  ;)
But it may be time to move further? How about quality improvement Table?  :P

Zeta Omega

LanMc

Quote from: Zeta Omega on October 22, 2015, 05:11:40 PM
Do you have to start a new game for this?

For Mending to work?  Yes you have to start a new game.
Hi, my name is Lan and I am a Rimworld addict...

Addhatic

hey guys, is skill lock gonna update or what ? it was super useful. can someone plz update it for A12d ...!!

grizzlymint_gpt

Alright, so I love the mod, even though it's pretty OP. I used it for an entire colony that lasted years and it was fine. I just started a new colony and I'm coming across a pretty big problem. For the first little while everything was fine in regards to hauling clothes from butchered raiders to wooden equipment racks. Then I start to notice my colonists getting stuck in infinite loops that involve going to haul clothes and then immediately stopping and standing. The problem was fixed when I disallowed all the clothes in my base. My first assumption was something went wrong with the Mending mod, because I'm not running any other mods that I figured would affect clothes like that. I was confused, because I had neither a mending table, or any colonists with mending as a job, so I did some troubleshooting.

First, I made sure none of my colonists had mending as one of their jobs, which didn't work. Next, I destroyed my butcher table and equipment racks to make sure they weren't getting stuck on either of those, which didn't work, either. Next, I went ahead and built a mending table, and that finally solved the problem... For a little while. Life returned to normal. Clothes were being mended and hauled to my storage area. This went on for a good while, when all of a sudden, it started happening again. Except this time, it was while trying to haul mended clothes back to storage.

I'm all out of ideas now other than to destroy the table and rebuild it, but that's not a permanent solution, so I came here.

tigg

Having pawns drop clothes that need mending works as a temporary fix. I tried deleting the mending table - didn't work. The error keeps referring to a club - the only clubs on my map were in restricted zones, I've unrestricted them now that the manhunters have gone and so far the issue has gone away but it may be because there is plenty to do

Update: yes, every time there was something to mend in a restricted zone I got the message.

[attachment deleted due to age]

midaw

This is my patch "forbidden zones". Now the table is not spam in the log.

[attachment deleted due to age]

MechanoidHater

Quote from: midaw on November 13, 2015, 01:26:05 PM
This is my patch "forbidden zones". Now the table is not spam in the log.
I tried this patch and it didn't worked.

PureReject

In my current game saves i haven't added any other mods, But when i place a mending bench it works for awhile, say like 20 days or so ingame. And then after awhile it throws errors in the debug log, the items are not restricted (from what i know of). I had to delete the tables to get rid of the problem. The colonists were starting a job too fast at once. Etc trying to mend 10 times/things per tick. Not sure if its my mods and just me or something else. Just thought i would say.

KrimsunV

The download site doesn't seem to be working for me, does anyone have the mod on another site?

harpo99999

Krimsunv, the mending download site seems to be a russian downloads hosting site, and is working for me from australia (and I am using both add blocking addons and an antivirus that blocks ant malware/virus from even getting to the browser), so it might be that your ISP is blocking for some reason

ttc

My colinists will mend stuff, but then they just chuck it on the floor. When other people use this, do they haul it back to a stockpile?