[A12d] Wastelander's Minor mods: Mending updated by skyarkhangel

Started by Wastelander, February 25, 2015, 08:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mussels

Quote from: Syther24 on April 07, 2016, 04:46:40 PM
any news on a alpha 13 update for mending?

here for the same thing - i know it messes with game balance, but i cant live without it XD

harpo99999

I also am suffering a withdrawal from the mending mod, can this please be updated???

Acruid

I don't know about Wastelander's version, but I forked my own version of the mod since a11. I am in the process of updating it still, so it still may have bugs. Feel free to download the alpha build below.

I removed the Mend worktype, and made the table lowest priority for the Crafting job. This lets you add the mod to existing maps, and won't break the work priority interface. I remade the ITab and Jobdriver to support more options, and you can suspend the table if you don't want people to use it. ATM radius might be bugged, and it might throw errors if there is no empty storage space for the item. The pawns crafting speed effects how fast the item is repaired, and the pawn gets crafting XP for every HP he repairs.

Feel free to offer any suggestions or feedback.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Mussels

Quote from: Acruid on April 08, 2016, 12:09:53 AM
I don't know about Wastelander's version, but I forked my own version of the mod since a11. I am in the process of updating it still, so it still may have bugs. Feel free to download the alpha build below.

I removed the Mend worktype, and made the table lowest priority for the Crafting job. This lets you add the mod to existing maps, and won't break the work priority interface. I remade the ITab and Jobdriver to support more options, and you can suspend the table if you don't want people to use it. ATM radius might be bugged, and it might throw errors if there is no empty storage space for the item. The pawns crafting speed effects how fast the item is repaired, and the pawn gets crafting XP for every HP he repairs.

nicely done! having it in with crafting instead of its own task probably helps with conflicts too.

dismar

I like a lot of the words you've used here. Hope it works!

Der Failer

I always felt kid of twisted about this mod, i mean it extremely useful but at the sametime it feels quite overpowered (since you can simply patch up all enemy clothes and sell is for good money). So would it be possible to add some sort of patches, which could be made from some of these new components and a bit cloth, but would yield 5 to 10. So it would over all be a bit more balanced but on the other hand not too expensive.

wolfrun65

I was wondering if for balance sake that if you input that each time you mend something there either is a chance or there will be a lowering of the Quality level of the item. And if the item is down at the minimum, it is not able to be mended.

sjohne

Thank you so much Acruid! I can't live without this mod... just wanted to give A13 a shot and saw that mending wasn't in my mod list. UGH! You saved the day! :-D

Ashiver

Just make repairing require 1 component.  That would make people micromanage it, you would never just leave it on auto repair.  That's because the component making device at the top of the tech tree currently sucks, it takes 30 components to build and 400 steel, then produces 1 component for 30 steel.  The market price of 30 steel is way higher than the market price of components (which already feel good at around 14 silver). 

Alternatively, I think you could make the mending bench task separate into several tasks, each with higher and higher minimum crafting skill required and each allowing you to repair the item more fully.  The first task requiring 14 skill, or somewhere around there, would also be balanced I think.

As a third option I think you could have it be linked to colonist backgrounds as a totally separate mending skill like it was originally.  Instead of having backgrounds that sometimes disable something you would instead have most backgrounds disable it, and only allow it for stuff like blacksmiths, mad Scientists, engineers, etc.

DarkTemplarlord

roy2x

Aristocat

Quote from: roy2x on April 22, 2016, 09:44:28 AM
Quote from: Aristocat on April 22, 2016, 08:00:07 AM
it's updated, check one of above posts
Does that count as an update?

Then what does count as update?

QuoteI don't know about Wastelander's version, but I forked my own version of the mod since a11. I am in the process of updating it still, so it still may have bugs. Feel free to download the alpha build below.

Acruid

Here is an update of my current progress. I added the "patch" system that was discussed in the form of repair kits. I wanted to stay away from using components, because many people on the forums seem to complain about having a lack of them. Currently a repair kit takes 1x Cloth[$1.50] + 1x Steel[$2.00] = 1x Repair Kit[$3.50], each repair kit restores 5 durability. If you restore <5 durability it is free, so if you really want to micromanage colonist outfits you can. I wanted to stay away from using wood so people on ice sheets can still repair things.

Changed:
Slider range to mimic bill dialog (3-99+999).
Added display slider radius circle.
Added Items to list of things to repair.
Added the repair kit resource.

Fixed:
Dropping item into giant pile if no destination.
Make Power and Tool Cabinet actually effect work speed.
Initial ITab values when building.

ToDo:
Calculate how many repair kits to fetch based on item durability.
Multi-stack pickup when fetching repair kits.
Redo the bench texture and support different materials for crafting the bench.

This will be my last release in this thread, I will be making a new forum release thread, since I pretty much hijacked this one. As always, feedback/bug reports are welcome, especially about the repair kit balancing.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

falcongrey

I'll be watching for the thread and thanks for updating this mod. Seems to me a form of this repair bench SHOULD be native to Rimworld, though there should be (in my opinion) a component cost if the item is more than just clothing from just a balance viewpoint. Such as power armor, weapons with movable parts or powered, and so on.

Yes, components are a choking point but it is for a good reason. Balance.
It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.