[A12d] Wastelander's Minor mods: Mending updated by skyarkhangel

Started by Wastelander, February 25, 2015, 08:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aristocat

Quote from: Acruid on April 22, 2016, 11:01:22 AM
Here is an update of my current progress. I added the "patch" system that was discussed in the form of repair kits. I wanted to stay away from using components, because many people on the forums seem to complain about having a lack of them. Currently a repair kit takes 1x Cloth[$1.50] + 1x Steel[$2.00] = 1x Repair Kit[$3.50], each repair kit restores 5 durability. If you restore <5 durability it is free, so if you really want to micromanage colonist outfits you can. I wanted to stay away from using wood so people on ice sheets can still repair things.

Changed:
Slider range to mimic bill dialog (3-99+999).
Added display slider radius circle.
Added Items to list of things to repair.
Added the repair kit resource.

Fixed:
Dropping item into giant pile if no destination.
Make Power and Tool Cabinet actually effect work speed.
Initial ITab values when building.

ToDo:
Calculate how many repair kits to fetch based on item durability.
Multi-stack pickup when fetching repair kits.
Redo the bench texture and support different materials for crafting the bench.

This will be my last release in this thread, I will be making a new forum release thread, since I pretty much hijacked this one. As always, feedback/bug reports are welcome, especially about the repair kit balancing.

Amazing!

duduluu

Hello, Wastelander. My friend topp2000 updates Mending to A13

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]
RimTrans translation tool for RimWorld
RimWorld-English original text for translating RimWorld
RimWorld-zh.com my translation team website

Luroshard

Quote from: Acruid on April 22, 2016, 11:01:22 AM
This will be my last release in this thread, I will be making a new forum release thread, since I pretty much hijacked this one. As always, feedback/bug reports are welcome, especially about the repair kit balancing.

Thank you, I look forward to your thread!  ;D

Rock5

Why not make patches needed relative to the size of the item. It would make more sense I think. Example a cloth parka needs 120 ingredients so a 50% damaged parka would need 60 cloth to repair. A 80% cowboy hat would need 5 cloth to repair. That way nothing is free. You are repairing the item exactly what it costs to repair. Maybe you could have it cost a little more to cover the patches having to overlap to sew in. The benefit of it costing more is it means you wont repair everything because it would be cheaper to make new ones. You only repair the quality items because you can't be sure of the quality of new items and because it might be faster to repair than make a new one. I don't know about adding steel cost though.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Rock5

I just noticed Skill Lock. OMG! Please someone update that mod for A13. It would 100% be on my must have list of mods. It's a pain having to use area manager to stop my high skilled crafter from using the low skill benches. This would make it so much easier.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Zeta Omega

Dave-In-Texas

Quote from: czarnoff on May 01, 2015, 02:49:17 AM
I really like the mending mod. So I decompiled it, tweaked it to work on Alpha 10, and recompiled it.  Hope you don't mind Wastelander. 
The binary:  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/85306567/Mending.zip
My source code: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/85306567/Mending-source.zip

bumping this post from page 8 to the last page :)  i'm loving this.. works great

Rock5

Quote from: Rock5 on April 28, 2016, 12:12:13 PM
I just noticed Skill Lock. OMG! Please someone update that mod for A13. It would 100% be on my must have list of mods. It's a pain having to use area manager to stop my high skilled crafter from using the low skill benches. This would make it so much easier.
It just occurred to me I may have this wrong. Are there any skilled crafting jobs that require crafting to be ticked? Maybe if I have my skilled crafter have tailoring and smithing ticked but not crafting then maybe they will only do those skilled jobs but not use the low skill crafting benches which require crafting to be ticked. Is that right?
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Fluff_Thorrent

Hey peeps! I saw the "Mending Table" mod last night and decided to swing a pneumatic pick at it to see what I could do. I based my work on topp2000's A13 version. What came out was a graphical update to the mod - the mending table is now inheriting the new (A12) BenchBase, and has a spiffy new, shadeable and rotating texture!

I also made a few tweaks to the power draw, resources required for building and some other stats. Let me know and I'll upload a version with the original stats. Cheers!

(The images "TableMending_back.png" and "TableMending_side.png" included in this mod are subject to a CC-BY-NC-SA license, held by Filip Thorén)

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

exelsiar

Quote from: Fluff_Thorrent on April 29, 2016, 03:40:07 AM
Hey peeps! I saw the "Mending Table" mod last night and decided to swing a pneumatic pick at it to see what I could do. I based my work on topp2000's A13 version. What came out was a graphical update to the mod - the mending table is now inheriting the new (A12) BenchBase, and has a spiffy new, shadeable and rotating texture!

-snip-

I also made a few tweaks to the power draw, resources required for building and some other stats. Let me know and I'll upload a version with the original stats. Cheers!

(The images "TableMending_back.png" and "TableMending_side.png" included in this mod are subject to a CC-BY-NC-SA license, held by Filip Thorén)

Looks good, but I don't know difference between the stats you changed I certainly love the material types :D

highborne

Quote from: Fluff_Thorrent on April 29, 2016, 03:40:07 AM

Hi Fluff, I am getting an issue when I load your mod (I have others loaded as well).  The Work tab shows only the first colonist, all the others are literally not there.  Any idea why?  Should I load your mod in a different order?

Fluff_Thorrent

Quote from: highborne on May 01, 2016, 04:45:10 PM
Hi Fluff, I am getting an issue when I load your mod (I have others loaded as well).  The Work tab shows only the first colonist, all the others are literally not there.  Any idea why?  Should I load your mod in a different order?

Really? You mean the main tab where work priorities are set? I actually have no idea why. What are your other mods? (Send me a private message so as not to clog up the thread).

EyzeBlue

Sadly I can't seem to get this working on a13 current build. Can anyone link me to a .zip that I can extract and insert into my mods? I've been trying for a few days. I attempted to use the a12d rar file but it simply won't work for me. Any news on how to get this working on a13?

exelsiar

Eyze, no the latest official version doesn't work, if you track back through the last few pages you'll find theres been an update made :)

falcongrey

It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.