"Constructed roof" won't heat up

Started by Mazhron, February 25, 2015, 09:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mazhron

So,

I have an area that has a Constructed roof. On the right side it says "Unroofed". No matter how many heaters I put into the building it won't heat up. The area within the walls with the Constructed roof has a temperature that is always equal to the outside temperature.

Any ideas?

REMworlder

It sounds like maybe your room is too big for a roof to automatically appear. Try adding columns near the areas inside the room where there is no roof. Only complete rooms (walls+roof) can have inside temperatures that are different than the outside temperature.

A screenshot could help too!

Mazhron

I already have.

Check out my screenshot, as requested ;-)

[attachment deleted due to age]

Boboid

if it says " Unroofed " on the right hand side then it means somewhere within that room there is a tile that is unroofed for whatever reason, effectively meaning that everything connected to it is outside. You can't alter the temperature of outside no matter what you do, so scope around and ensure every tile has a roof over it.

Be sure to double check your no-roof regions, one might intersect with your room.
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

loc978

Without the UI, I can't be certain... but I estimate 15 tiles from your rightmost support to the wall, with 15 from top to bottom. Roof only generates in a 5 tile radius from the nearest support. Or it might be a 10x10 square, I forget.

Either way, you've got a tall thin strip of unroofed area on the right side, and a smaller one on the left. Build more roof supports. Better too many than too few.