[A10] Expanded Mining 1.04 (Updated 20/04/15)

Started by Zoimos, February 25, 2015, 11:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoimos

Quote from: MarvinKosh on March 09, 2015, 10:03:28 PM
Hey there! I've made an addon which will make Expanded Mining resources show up on the oddments trader (from my Winter Is Here mod) which means that you'll have a semi-regular supply. It obviously requires both mods to be installed and activated, though.

Also, I've attached a couple of textures which you can use for the Furnace so that just the back of the table takes the stuff colour. Just throw them in the textures folder of the mod, make the graphicPath point to Textures\Things\Buildings\Furnace and add this to the Def:

<shaderType>CutoutComplex</shaderType>

Thanks of the textures for the furnace! its just a placeholder atm (along with most textures!) and was planning to do textures but its not something I've done before so will take a while to get to a good quality.

Think ill add a new trader carrying all new stuff in my mod to help make it compatible with other mods, it can still appear on the bulk trader as its a resource but only as a small chance.

Quote from: cheetah2003 on March 10, 2015, 03:06:55 AM

Fantastic mod,  Thank you so much for making this.

One small problem I wanted to point out I've noticed:  Coal does not appear on the categorized resource readout anywhere.

coal should be under resources/fuel

cheetah2003

it's not showing coal anywhere.. here some screens from my game.. first is uncategorized, second is categorized.  as you can see, not only is coal not showing, its not even accounted for in any of the totals.

Zoimos

Updated!

Quote from: cheetah2003 on March 10, 2015, 10:08:26 AM
it's not showing coal anywhere.. here some screens from my game.. first is uncategorized, second is categorized.  as you can see, not only is coal not showing, its not even accounted for in any of the totals.

Didn't know it could be sorted like that! makes my screen a lot cleaner now. it should be there now under raw resources with the new version.

cheetah2003

Quote from: Zoimos on March 10, 2015, 10:55:56 AM
Updated!
Thanks so much!  Works great now.  ^.^

Oh also, guess I should mention there's some kind of conflict going on between this mod and the power switch mod that adds automation to power switches.  i posted over in that topic but he hasn't resolved it yet.  maybe you should check it out too?

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=2890.0

Zoimos

both mods change the same vanilla item so there will be issues, if you know how to edit a xml it easy to fix, you can change

open ExpandedMiningBuildings_Power in the ThingDefs folder of my mod and find the power switch and change

<thingClass>Building_PowerSwitch</thingClass>

to

<thingClass>PowerSwitch.Building_PowerSwitchMod</thingClass>

I've not tried it but I think it should work!

or if you just load the power switch mod after this mod that mod will work but it will cost steel instead of copper.

cheetah2003

Quote from: Zoimos on March 10, 2015, 02:23:30 PM
both mods change the same vanilla item so there will be issues, if you know how to edit a xml it easy to fix, you can change
This works.  Fixed it for my game!  Sweet thanks again for all the help and great mod!

cheetah2003

Found another problem in this.  Heh.  Can't smelt rimsteel cuz the filter wants rimsteel and steel, while the recipe calls for riminium.

I fixed it in mine by changing Recipes_Production.xml.

Zoimos

I swear I fixed that! thanks for the bug reporting, will be fixed in the next update

mr_waffle_eyes

Hey loving the mod so far, but im finding copper really hard to find =( 2+ hours in and yet to find a vein, its kind of stopping my game play due to be vital in most if not all recipes.
Great mod though =)

Zoimos

I noticed that in my current game and was wondering if it needs a buff or just unlucky, I'll give it a buff in my next update

cheetah2003

Quote from: Zoimos on March 14, 2015, 01:26:00 AM
I noticed that in my current game and was wondering if it needs a buff or just unlucky, I'll give it a buff in my next update
Just mentioning I haven't had much trouble with copper.  But I usually choose the 300x300 map size and mountains.  I'd rate it 'uncommon' in occurrence.

Erathu

still recipe to make rimsteel requires rimsteel o_O
make update pls or I dont understand why so

LustrousWolf

Hello, so to make plasteel on here it says devilstrand and riminium, but on the game it says cloth and riminium, which one is it? D:

Zoimos

Quote from: Erathu on March 30, 2015, 12:41:27 PM
still recipe to make rimsteel requires rimsteel o_O
make update pls or I dont understand why so

sorry fixed it but forgot to upload it!, Its updated now so just re download (its still same version number)

Quote from: LustrousWolf on March 30, 2015, 07:14:30 PM
Hello, so to make plasteel on here it says devilstrand and riminium, but on the game it says cloth and riminium, which one is it? D:

sorry its cloth now, ill update it.

Sorry for the lack of updates lately, been busy with work and studies as well as playing some other games that just been released!

Erathu