[A10] Expanded Mining 1.04 (Updated 20/04/15)

Started by Zoimos, February 25, 2015, 11:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LustrousWolf

How do I craft/smelt riminium? or do I have to mine it? also whats the difference between plasteel and rimsteel?

Zoimos

riminium is found in veins but is rare.
rimsteel is stronger than plasteel but is heavier.

there is craftable armor like the power armor which is split between heavy and light, heavy offers more protection but slows you down more.

I plan to rework the armor in the future as I'm not that happy with it atm!

LustrousWolf

Quote from: Zoimos on April 01, 2015, 04:05:54 PM

there is craftable armor like the power armor which is split between heavy and light, heavy offers more protection but slows you down more.

yes thank you! also you know how you can craft armor? could you make it possible to craft simple weapons maybe? so have a simple bench for light power armor and simple weapons such as a pistol and pump shotgun and etc, then a heavier smiting bench for heavy armor and more powerful weapons? i just found it a bit weird how only armor could be crafted and not weapons as well :) (also make the weapons craft able out of the different materials, so say aluminium pistol and stuff, also change the damage and durability of them? so a titanium pistol would last longer than a aluminium pistol but also does more damage?)
sorry i know i am asking a lot, but there all ideas :)

EDIT: also copper seems to be too rare, i struggled a lot early game as there were not many copper veins and they were very small when i did find them. or you could change things so they need less copper? because a switch atm costs 25 copper, which i think is a bit unfair.

Also, what do i use tin and aluminium for? they do not really have a use, all i have used them for is aluminium to make helmets and armour (because i had a fair bit of it and nothing to use it for) also i cannot make bronze, due to there being so little copper. (meaning i cannot use the tin as i have no copper to make bronze)

Incompatibility

Bug report

Creating rimsteel at an electric furnace requires rimsteel and steel rather than rimnium and steel.

Zoimos

Quote from: Incompatibility on April 01, 2015, 07:01:52 PM
Bug report

Creating rimsteel at an electric furnace requires rimsteel and steel rather than rimnium and steel.

redownload the file, fixed it yesterday but its still the same version!

Quote from: LustrousWolf on April 01, 2015, 04:30:29 PM
Quote from: Zoimos on April 01, 2015, 04:05:54 PM

yes thank you! also you know how you can craft armor? could you make it possible to craft simple weapons maybe? so have a simple bench for light power armor and simple weapons such as a pistol and pump shotgun and etc, then a heavier smiting bench for heavy armor and more powerful weapons? i just found it a bit weird how only armor could be crafted and not weapons as well :) (also make the weapons craft able out of the different materials, so say aluminium pistol and stuff, also change the damage and durability of them? so a titanium pistol would last longer than a aluminium pistol but also does more damage?)
sorry i know i am asking a lot, but there all ideas :)

EDIT: also copper seems to be too rare, i struggled a lot early game as there were not many copper veins and they were very small when i did find them. or you could change things so they need less copper? because a switch atm costs 25 copper, which i think is a bit unfair.

Also, what do i use tin and aluminium for? they do not really have a use, all i have used them for is aluminium to make helmets and armour (because i had a fair bit of it and nothing to use it for) also i cannot make bronze, due to there being so little copper. (meaning i cannot use the tin as i have no copper to make bronze)

armor is made at the smithing table. I have thought about doing craftable guns with the new metals but I'm not a fan of being able to create them with just metal plus changing guns like this will causes problems with other gun mods

RemingtonRyder

I think tin and copper can be smelted together to make bronze. Aluminium, I tend to use it for furniture. :)

Zoimos

updated to alpha 10

having problems with the coal power plant as it is un-selectable and not working so will need time to work out how to fix so it disabled in this version.

once I get it the coal power plant working again I will release the a new update.

not played a full game with this update yet so please report any bugs you find!

Zoimos

Coal power plant is working again! also added a coal feeder so use that instead of a hopper now.

Ex0du5_2169

Nice work, enjoying this mod. Any plans to include the veinminer compatability dll again?

JuliaEllie

Hey I just updated VeinMiner and it works with any ore now. I especially tested it with Expanded Mining. Cool mod btw - I love the design. No more work arounds or anything needed.

Zoimos

Quote from: JuliaEllie on April 27, 2015, 11:44:11 AM
Hey I just updated VeinMiner and it works with any ore now. I especially tested it with Expanded Mining. Cool mod btw - I love the design. No more work arounds or anything needed.

Nice work! will be really useful for when I want to add more ores!

Ex0du5_2169

Glad to hear it, I'll update that in my mods folder now :) Thanks again to both of you!

LustrousWolf

Can you make like a sort of adaptation, that links it with Rikiki's mod Mobile Mineral Sonar MK III or what ever its called. Where the sonar picks up the ores from this mod, because at the moment the sonar only picks up core ores, and not the ones from this mod pack :c

CRPOV

It would be great if this could get updated. I've tested the A10 version with A11 of Rimworld & it doesn't work.

Zoimos

Sorry for no update! tbh I haven't played rimworld in a few months now as there are other games I want to finish first before returning to this game

Not sure I'll get around to updating it soon but if someone else wants to take over the mod they are welcome to do so