What do you do with extra prisoners?

Started by ITypedThis, February 26, 2015, 01:13:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you do with extra prisoners?

Kill them.
3 (5.7%)
Keep them indefinitely.
12 (22.6%)
Harvest them. (Including to the point of death.)
14 (26.4%)
Butcher them. (Either for food or leather.)
1 (1.9%)
Torture them. (Possibly to death.)
1 (1.9%)
Let them "escape."
7 (13.2%)
Utilize them for colonist skills.
8 (15.1%)
Other. (Specify?)
7 (13.2%)

Total Members Voted: 53

CodyRex123

What i really wanna do is set up a prison colony, (Ahem.) And then run it, Only problem with that is that the colonists would be gaurds and you cant have them on patrols, would be cool if something like that would be added so that you can have certain people posted somewhere and do work in the area, it would also make it easy to find someone that can do what your looking for if you had a colonist at the ready nearby.
Sorry, am rambling.
Dragons!

Fruit loops

Well... for difficulty purpose's  i never grow crops during the winter, there for i eat what i can when ever i can. that may mean skill lacking prisoners, or bad trait prisoners usually get eaten  ???

yeah... Joe used to live in the sierra mountains... he enjoys raids.

anybody get that reference?
The guy who suggested the mood debuff for harvesting prisoner organs.

ITypedThis

Quote from: Coenmcj on February 27, 2015, 06:42:31 PM
Quote from: ITypedThis on February 27, 2015, 04:54:21 PM
Quote from: Coenmcj on February 27, 2015, 04:06:47 PM
Currently? I use them as slave labour. If they break once, 10 lashes from the whip. If they break twice, they're fed to their fellow slaves.
Do you have a slave labour mod? Or are you just roleplaying for the sake of immersion?
Slave labour mod, things havn't been this uh... 'fun' for prisoners since the fear system. c:
It was much easier when the beatings were automatic. >:D

ITypedThis

Quote from: CodyRex123 on February 27, 2015, 07:16:06 PM
What i really wanna do is set up a prison colony, (Ahem.) And then run it, Only problem with that is that the colonists would be gaurds and you cant have them on patrols, would be cool if something like that would be added so that you can have certain people posted somewhere and do work in the area, it would also make it easy to find someone that can do what your looking for if you had a colonist at the ready nearby.
Sorry, am rambling.
I hear that! For some strange reason, the prison system is my favourite part of RimWorld. --InB4 "Prison Architect"-- What I often do now is just have my idle colonists gather and wander near a table close to the middle of the prison, and equip them with wooden logs to serve as batons. :P

ITypedThis

Quote from: Fruit loops on February 27, 2015, 07:44:08 PM
Well... for difficulty purpose's  i never grow crops during the winter, there for i eat what i can when ever i can. that may mean skill lacking prisoners, or bad trait prisoners usually get eaten  ???

yeah... Joe used to live in the sierra mountains... he enjoys raids.

anybody get that reference?
I'm sure your colonists love that rule... Haha!

Nope!

Fruit loops

well... anybody know what the 'Donner party' was? well they got snowed in, in the sierras, and we're forced to eat each other and i live about 40-50 miles away from there...

The more you know!  :D 
The guy who suggested the mood debuff for harvesting prisoner organs.

ITypedThis

Quote from: Fruit loops on February 28, 2015, 03:20:39 PM
well... anybody know what the 'Donner party' was? well they got snowed in, in the sierras, and we're forced to eat each other and i live about 40-50 miles away from there...

Such fun! ;D

Cedarik

Quote from: Fruit loops on February 28, 2015, 03:20:39 PM

I watched a show on Netflix that talked about this recently.They were sold a shortcut map that actually added 100 miles to their trip.Donner pass is part of I80.So anyway i just leave potential prisoners with bad traits/crippling injury on the ground to bleed out,but after reading this thread i might just patch them up to sell them/train on :D

Coenmcj

Quote from: ITypedThis on February 27, 2015, 10:03:26 PM
Currently? I use them as slave labour. If they break once, 10 lashes from the whip. If they break twice, they're fed to their fellow slaves.
Do you have a slave labour mod? Or are you just roleplaying for the sake of immersion?
Slave labour mod, things havn't been this uh... 'fun' for prisoners since the fear system. c:
Agreed, But now we can beat them until we deem their re-submission to the cause is sincere enough.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

ITypedThis

Quote from: Coenmcj on March 01, 2015, 12:58:08 AM
Quote from: ITypedThis on February 27, 2015, 10:03:26 PM
Agreed, But now we can beat them until we deem their re-submission to the cause is sincere enough.
The threat of death looms over them always though. It's all to easy to accidentally send them to the butchery or to the fire.