Rhodes Mod List

Started by Rhodes, November 13, 2013, 03:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zues

made an account just to say it is really cool how you reply so fast and all that to requests. but i think making them all compatible with eachother would slow down alot of the requests (as in most of them would already be done), i dont program but just a thought.

Galileus

Quote from: Zues on November 19, 2013, 11:50:42 AM
made an account just to say it is really cool how you reply so fast and all that to requests. but i think making them all compatible with eachother would slow down alot of the requests (as in most of them would already be done), i dont program but just a thought.

He can't do that - this point in the development all these mods come out as a single file replacement, so they need to be merged manually. And problem is - if you can merge them, you can create them yourself even easier ;)

Rhodes

Quote from: Zues on November 19, 2013, 11:50:42 AM

Thanks for the comment!

As for them each being compatible, it's not really possible with the current modding process.  I have to make the changes on a case by case basis.  When Tynan adds in official modding support, it will be much easier to make a mod loader where people can pick and choose their changes.

shadowtail00

Quote from: Rhodes on November 19, 2013, 11:29:02 AM
If someone decides to do a let's play with this Mod, please let me know.  I would love to watch it.
I will see if its possible first :) But i might do one. I'll say if i am.

zylosan

Thanks for all the hard work so far.  My request is to reduce the blast raidius when a turret is destroyed.  Currently its a major pain in the butt.

Rhodes

Quote from: zylosan on November 19, 2013, 12:54:01 PM
Thanks for all the hard work so far.  My request is to reduce the blast raidius when a turret is destroyed.  Currently its a major pain in the butt.

Been looking through the code and can't find where the blast radius is.  I'll let you know if I come across it, but it could be a while.

bluestrike15

Question. How would you include more than one mod? I would like to use the Wall mod and the x5 mod , But i assume that i can only use one

Rhodes

Quote from: bluestrike15 on November 19, 2013, 05:38:50 PM
Question. How would you include more than one mod? I would like to use the Wall mod and the x5 mod , But i assume that i can only use one

You just gotta let me know.

Here you go: Improved Walls and 5x Population Mod

silveen

Amazing mods. Absolutely loved all of them, but the 5x population mod seems to make the Raiders invincible and useless. They walk into my base and stand there like empty units. Turrets nor colonists register them as targets and just walk through them.

Rhodes

Quote from: silveen on November 19, 2013, 06:21:34 PM
Amazing mods. Absolutely loved all of them, but the 5x population mod seems to make the Raiders invincible and useless. They walk into my base and stand there like empty units. Turrets nor colonists register them as targets and just walk through them.

Hmm, you sure that's related to the 5x population mod? 
Anyone else having that problem?

[EDIT]
What was the filename of the mod you downloaded?  Was it just the 5x population mod?

[EDIT EDIT]
I just tested it with the default 5x population mod and the raiders attacked like normal (on a new game).

silveen

Quote from: Rhodes on November 19, 2013, 06:30:46 PM
Quote from: silveen on November 19, 2013, 06:21:34 PM

Hmm, you sure that's related to the 5x population mod? 
Anyone else having that problem?

[EDIT]
What was the filename of the mod you downloaded?  Was it just the 5x population mod?

[EDIT EDIT]
I just tested it with the default 5x population mod and the raiders attacked like normal (on a new game).

Just 5x population. Might just be a bad computer on my end.

Wopian

Regarding your compilation, you basically made sun lamps completly pointless by increasing their power usage and decreasing standing lamps' power usage by over half...

2 standing lamps next to eachother = sun lamp brightness + bigger coverage.

Bobstudios | James Harris Creative Design

Rhodes

Quote from: Wopian on November 19, 2013, 06:47:47 PM
Regarding your compilation, you basically made sun lamps completly pointless by increasing their power usage and decreasing standing lamps' power usage by over half...

2 standing lamps next to eachother = sun lamp brightness + bigger coverage.

I forgot that regular standing lamps still grow plants.. My idea was to try and balance hydroponics.
Thanks for the info though, you're absolutely right.  I'm going to go ahead and reduce the power consumption of the sun lamps.

DeltaV

Could you do a few more geysers + a level 5 minimum level plus 50% wall flammability plus 1.5x higher population instead of 5x?
Quote from: Douglas AdamsIt is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Rhodes

Quote from: DeltaV on November 19, 2013, 07:04:17 PM
Could you do a few more geysers + a level 5 minimum level plus 50% wall flammability plus 1.5x higher population instead of 5x?

Here you go:  DeltaV Mod

Rhodes Mod Compilation:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version 1.1: 11/19/2013 for Version 254b
Building Changes:
- Decreased SunLamp Energy Consumption to 110.
- Decreased SunLamp Cost to 90.
- Increased HydronicsTable Energy Consumption to 250.  (Not tested)
- Increased Wall Flammability to 25%. (Thanks DeltaV)

Download: Rhodes Mod
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------