Rhodes Mod List

Started by Rhodes, November 13, 2013, 03:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigwolf2101

ok but can u add more damage /range to them?/more health but make it so u have to research them as my think tank is just a cleaner now

Rhodes

I can't add research topics, unfortunately.  That will have to wait until mod support is added. The only thing I could do at the moment for your thinktank, is make research topics take longer to research.

For turrets, if I change the gun to an incendiary launcher (closest I can get to your request), then it will do the same damage as an incendiary launcher (without the explosion/fire effect).  I can't change the damage without modifying EVERY incendiary launcher that the game spawns in since it is a shared value.

I can modify the range. By default:
The range is 13.4 blocks.
The gun is a L-15 LMG.
The fire speed is 300.

Here are the gun IDs I can use for the turret:
Gun_Pistol
Gun_Pump Shotgun
Gun_Lee-Enfield
Gun_M-16Rifle
Gun_M-24Rifle
Gun_Uzi
Gun_Minigun
Gun_L-15 LMG
Gun_T-9 Incendiary Launcher
Gun_R-4 charge rifle

Based on the code, those are all the guns in the game at the moment.  Let me know which Gun, how much Range, and how Fast you want your turret to shoot and I'll make the mod for you.

In the meantime, this mod may work for you:

It uses:
- T-9 Incendiary Launcher with a range of 40 blocks (Lee-Enfield is like 38).  However, EVERY Incendiary Launcher is going to have that range now, since the turret range is inherited from the gun it's equipped with.
- Fire speed of 50 (normally 300)
- Health increased to 500 (normally 140)
- Fog sight radius increased to 40

Download:  bigwolf2101's Requested Turret Mod (Untested - let me know if this works for you)

bigwolf2101

how do iinstall it ?

bigwolf2101

Quote from: bigwolf2101 on November 15, 2013, 11:09:50 AM
how do iinstall it ?

I am a ideat I figerd it out that and how to change configs to give more metal and stuff

bigwolf2101

it works but was it supposed to be all 1 type of weapon or all

bigwolf2101

o and it makes 1 hella fire mess

Rhodes

Does it?  lol.. I guess I fixed the bullet issue with that one then.  I must have missed a reference to the gun in my original test mod.

And yes, it will all be a single turret. I can't add additional turrets of different types.

SleepyFox

...that cave start is magnificent. How do raiders spawn? If at all?
Streaming Games 24/7 @ InsomniacGamers.net

Rhodes

Quote from: SleepyFox on November 15, 2013, 06:07:13 PM
...that cave start is magnificent. How do raiders spawn? If at all?

I haven't actually tested it.  Maybe someone else can answer that question.

HexCube

Is there any chance of a peaceful mod with integrated Easy mod. Also if anyone could tell me how to edit the DLL file types?

Rhodes

Quote from: Espresso on November 16, 2013, 01:17:19 AM
Is there any chance of a peaceful mod with integrated Easy mod. Also if anyone could tell me how to edit the DLL file types?

Ask and ye shall receive!~
Peaceful + Easy Mod

As for editing the DLL's - I use .Net Reflector with the Reflexil plugin.  The editing itself is done in assembly, so the more you know about coding, the easier it will be to understand.

bigwolf2101

is there a program that can convert lua to c+ if so I could ealys mod a few things I just font know c+ that whell all my programing know how is form a old texes Ti interment 2000 way back win u had to save on cassette  tapes

Rhodes

Unfortunately, modding for this game doesn't work like that.  If it did, I would have much better mods than I do now.

You don't actually 'code' anything to mod this game (not without rebuilding all the compiler generated code - which would be way infringing on Tynan's work).  All you can do is modify the un-obfuscated assembly code to get the results you want.

Hence, converting Lua to C+ wouldn't accomplish anything because there is no way to put your code into the game.

bigwolf2101

HexCube

Quote from: bigwolf2101 on November 16, 2013, 03:38:48 AM
is there a program that can convert lua to c+ if so I could ealys mod a few things I just font know c+ that whell all my programing know how is form a old texes Ti interment 2000 way back win u had to save on cassette  tapes
Thanks, I really appreciate it, not because I like to cheat, but I like to be able to build cool bases quickly and without worry. You have enabled me to do that.