Medkit Prioritization

Started by Zav, February 26, 2015, 03:21:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zav

I find myself having to micro my usage of medkits early game and not so much late game however I think it would still be useful to be able to set priority of medkit usage on colonists vs prisoners vs guests.

Early game, I find myself forbidding prepackaged blue medkits when I capture someone or rescue a guest(because I want the herbal kits to be used on them instead) and unforbidding them when one of my colonists needs medical attention.  It would be nice if this could be automated via a priority system!

Feniks

I think having it as a bill on medical beds would be easy solution. You could add a bill that says cure patient and from resources select exactly which medicine you want. That way you could set a bill for your slightly bruised guy to get herbal medicine and then set up glitter medicine for your top priority colonist who is suffering 10 different infections.

Zav

That might end up being a lot of bills to fill out, i'd probably prefer it just to be an option on the prisoner/guest tab for each individual person and possibly the brand new colonist tab?!  Yay?

Feniks

Why a lot you select medical bed set it to use herbal permanently and the change it only if there is emergency.

Zav

I meant due to having many medical beds.  I'm already annoyed at filling out bills for multiple stoves, stonecutting tables, etc.

Also the same priority system for food as well, no need to feed the prisoners lavish meals!

Eleazar

Quote from: Zav on February 26, 2015, 08:26:29 AM
I meant due to having many medical beds.  I'm already annoyed at filling out bills for multiple stoves, stonecutting tables, etc.

I think all production tables of the same kind should share a set of bills.

Kegereneku

My solution to that is to put all medicine in one stockplace and selectively authorize their use as needed.
The only problem I have is with prisoner. Herbal medicine is basically free, so I want to give them to prisoners, however I can't do so if I want to treat my colonist at the same time, not without time-pause micro-managing authorization.

So, I would only be interested to choose what medicine a prisoner get.
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

ja7833

+1 for any system that allows you to choose what kind of meds and food prisoners vs colonist get.
"Someone who is making anywhere from $300,000 to $750,000, that's middle class."  - Frederick Heineman

BetaSpectre

Quote from: ja7833 on March 27, 2015, 07:58:45 PM
+1 for any system that allows you to choose what kind of meds and food prisoners vs colonist get.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO