Beer in Prisoner room

Started by Foxador, February 26, 2015, 06:28:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foxador

If you put beer in the prisoner room your colonists will no longer feed the prisoners any food and let them starve to death. Also they won't haul the beer out of the prisoner room as it will say 'cannot haul beer (prisoner room)' which means the only way to remove it and get your guys to start feeding your prisoners once again is to drink all the beer manually.  Note that your colonists will go in on their own to drink the beer but if you don't want your prisoners to starve you have to make them drink all of it.

If you happen to drop beer in the room by accident, or on purpose, without paying too much attention you could have all your prisoners die which to me seems a little odd and I'm going to count this as a bug

Lost Cause

I had exactly the same issue.
My prisoner was starving while there was beer in the cell and i couldn't even order my colonists to warden him.
The problem was resolved when I disabled that cell and moved the prisoner to another one. The prisoner was immediately fed once in the new cell and once the beer was moved the old cell became workable again.
It doesn't matter how many arms a colonist has as long as one of them is a Minigun!

Coenmcj

"Starving? Nah, He'll be right, he's got some beer!"
Will the prisoners consume the beer? I know it has nutritional value so theoretically if they had enough they shouldn't starve?
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Tynan

Thanks, I've moved this to Mantis.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog