Fist pump time - recent updates

Started by tommytom, February 26, 2015, 09:09:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommytom

QuoteFeb 24
Misc fixes and adjustments.
Colonists now learn properly from doing surgery and treating patients.
Reduced skill degradation rate.
Day length extended from 24,000 to 30,000 ticks. Days per month reduced from 12 to 10.
Hunters will now approach and execute downed animals at close range.
UI now puts shadows behind white text in winter daylight in top left and bottom left of screen.
Feb 23
Various bugfixes.
Integrated end credits song from Al.
Reworked equippable code to be a ThingComp so anything can be equippable.
Beer can now be wielded as a weapon (like wood).
Passion flames are now displayed subtly on the work overview screen.

So full of win. Amazing.

lusername

As amusing as the notion of glassing someone is, I'm not entirely clear why you would desire to do this.

SleepyDango

Quote from: lusername on February 26, 2015, 09:44:27 AM
As amusing as the notion of glassing someone is, I'm not entirely clear why you would desire to do this.

Maybe when the Colonists get Drunk they go on a Violent rampage :P

I'd love to see a drunk colonist glass a psychotic squirrel

Daemoneyes

Because its amusing and you can, sometimes thats enough.
Also its things like this that make this game so great!
Now if you excuse me, i must find out how to equip a fine meal because i heard someone mention a food fight.

CodyRex123

*Chuckles evilly* Time to make my beer force....
Dragons!

herrcaptain

The reduced skill degradation rate makes me sooooo happy. I'm currently watching a level 14 crafter LOSE skill as he crafts. Some of those other tweaks are fantastic as well. I can't wait!

Edit: It looks like maybe stonecutting doesn't add to a skill, so that's why my guy's skill was degrading as he worked. Once I got my crafter making hats his skill started to improve while he was crafting.

tommytom

Quote from: herrcaptain on February 26, 2015, 08:27:01 PM
The reduced skill degradation rate makes me sooooo happy. I'm currently watching a level 14 crafter LOSE skill as he crafts. Some of those other tweaks are fantastic as well. I can't wait!

Edit: It looks like maybe stonecutting doesn't add to a skill, so that's why my guy's skill was degrading as he worked. Once I got my crafter making hats his skill started to improve while he was crafting.
Correctamundo. And exactly why people have been requesting adding certain colonists to bills manually so that stonecutting is for your worst crafter and tailoring is your best and they never switch and mess things up.

Mikhail Reign

QuoteFeb 24Beer can now be wielded as a weapon (like wood).

Anyone ever play the old arcade game Vendetta? Sorta Doubledraggon side scrolling fighting game. Bottles where a one use, one kill weapon.

Since beers is a valuable resource, maybe have 'bottling' someone break the bottle and incapacitate the victim?