deterioration ?

Started by DarknessEyes, February 26, 2015, 08:01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarknessEyes

"Added deterioration: items left outside for a very long time will deteriorate and eventually crumble away."

Really? Now our loot gonna get destroyed while at trade beacon? :(
De Surgeries
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=18976.0
Adds 26 new surgeries to Rimworld.

brobe94

Don't see it in the release notes, but you can build trade beacons indoors now, but you still need an outside beacon for item delivery when you buy from traders. I just keep things like silver / gold in my outside one. If you do not have an outside beacon, i think items are dropped at random spots outside, not exactly sure of the criteria of where or if there is chance of things not being delivered, but still safe to have one outside regardless so you can control where they get delivered.

DarknessEyes

So you need a beacon inside near the items to send and a beacon outside to receive?
De Surgeries

brobe94

Basically that is how it works / the one outside will send and receive , you just can't receive to the ones indoors (because logically the drop pods can't go through the roof). Also, on a side note, if you select the beacon, there is a button to create a stockpile to match the beacon coverage now in Alpha 9 as well.

TheSilencedScream

Quote from: brobe94 on February 26, 2015, 09:34:06 PM
Basically that is how it works / the one outside will send and receive , you just can't receive to the ones indoors (because logically the drop pods can't go through the roof). Also, on a side note, if you select the beacon, there is a button to create a stockpile to match the beacon coverage now in Alpha 9 as well.

Don't defend the decision with logic.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the decision/deterioration, but - logically - you can't send anything to space that's under a roof, either.
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

brobe94

Quote from: TheSilencedScream on February 26, 2015, 09:41:08 PM
Quote from: brobe94 on February 26, 2015, 09:34:06 PM

Don't defend the decision with logic.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the decision/deterioration, but - logically - you can't send anything to space that's under a roof, either.

Forgot, you can't use logic or reality with video games or ppl take you literally. ;)

Tynan

It's dumb that they can trade with spaceships at all. It's just a stopgap because ground traders are so difficult to do. I still hope to switch all the trade to ground caravans - some day.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

DarknessEyes

Quote from: Tynan on February 26, 2015, 10:32:03 PM
It's dumb that they can trade with spaceships at all. It's just a stopgap because ground traders are so difficult to do. I still hope to switch all the trade to ground caravans - some day.

+1 to caravan traders (if i can steal from them) LOL
De Surgeries

evrett33

Quote from: Tynan on February 26, 2015, 10:32:03 PM

There is already a great mod for ground traders out by Haplo..assimilate it.