Sick colonists assigned to medical beds get up to vomit, then go back to work

Started by kingtyris, February 26, 2015, 08:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingtyris

So I assume this is just a kink in how pawns prioritize their actions, but I've noticed that when a colonist that has a disease like say malaria gets up to vomit, instead of going back to their assigned medical bed for treatment they're returning to work. After getting up, the 'Rest and Heal' command is forgotten.

brobe94

I'm not entirely sure if the code changed to match what the menu option says in Alpha 9, but in Alpha 8, I believe this option said something like "Rest until Healed" or something like that. Now it says "Rest and Heal" so instead of staying there until completely healed, i think I have had to keep sending them back to bed in some cases... or at least it seems that way.

42BelowVodka

also noticed this, sometimes they get up and go back to work after treatment while i want them to stay in bed till healed

42BelowVodka

just lost 2 colonist because of this, reloaded and had to spent 30min sending them back to bed every 30sec so they would survive a simple flu

Jaldy

if you supply the command to rest until they will stay in there until they are healed. If they get into the bed on their own volition they will jump out.

42BelowVodka

Quote from: Jaldy on March 10, 2015, 09:00:13 AM
if you supply the command to rest until they will stay in there until they are healed. If they get into the bed on their own volition they will jump out.

nope, send them to the hospital bed with the order "rest and heal" but whenever they trow up and often even after they receive treatment they will get up and go do stuff.

edit: also seems they get out of bed to drink beer

edit2: another point i noticed, the doctor prioritizes feeding the patients over healing them. got 4 sick people right now, the doctor heals one of them than starts to feed the other, and than by the time hes done with tht its time to go to bed and he goes to sleep without healing the other 3

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog