Mod request: Grenade launcher

Started by Mechanoid Hivemind, February 27, 2015, 01:43:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mechanoid Hivemind

Hopefully the mod maker of rimfire sees this. I would like a grenade launcher for my colonists. I had so many instances where it would have helped my colony from defeat. just food for thought
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Hunter712

Check out my mod Guns+, there's a grenade launcher included.

Alistaire

I'm kinda torn between making it a GunHeavy (so the vanilla guys with rocket launchers could spawn with this too) and making it a Grenade (so grenadiers would spawn with it instead of grenades or molotovs). The first would lower the heavy mercenary's strength, the second would increase the grenadier's strength.

It also explodes on impact at the moment. Normal grenades have a 100 tick delay and Guns+ has a 30 tick delay. However, the real life Milkor MGL does fire shells that explode on impact rather than after 0.5 or 1.66 seconds after impact.

Viceroy

I think it fits better in a grenadier roll. It's not a heavy weapon in the sense that you can use it against tanks like the rocket launchers are.

That's just my view of it anyway.
Dog goes moo!

Hunter712

Quote from: Alistaire on February 27, 2015, 08:28:31 AM

I'm kinda torn between making it a GunHeavy (so the vanilla guys with rocket launchers could spawn with this too) and making it a Grenade (so grenadiers would spawn with it instead of grenades or molotovs). The first would lower the heavy mercenary's strength, the second would increase the grenadier's strength.

It also explodes on impact at the moment. Normal grenades have a 100 tick delay and Guns+ has a 30 tick delay. However, the real life Milkor MGL does fire shells that explode on impact rather than after 0.5 or 1.66 seconds after impact.

Fun fact, I'm actually switching out my grenade launcher for something that more closely resembles the China Lake, giving it a larger blast radius but also a way longer reload.

It'll most likely be a blast on impact, I'm not sure yet. But so far, the only difference between the new grenade launcher and regular grenades is the range. Still working out the kinks and mechanics.

[attachment deleted due to age]