[A14d] Wave Survival Mode (v. 1.0 - July 27)

Started by Justin C, February 27, 2015, 02:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wardenayylmao

Hi Justin! Great mod...I also have your zombie apocalypse mod. I just got two request...could you enable Permadeath for wave survival mod? At the same time is it possible to allow zombies in the wave survival mode? I love playing with the zombie apocalypse but it gets boring waiting for them to appear. Adding zombies to the survival mode will make it so hardcore.

P.S. Thanks for your great work! Awesome mods :o I simply can't play Rimworld without them <3

Justin C

Quote from: wardenayylmao on July 27, 2016, 04:38:04 PM
Hi Justin! Great mod...I also have your zombie apocalypse mod. I just got two request...could you enable Permadeath for wave survival mod? At the same time is it possible to allow zombies in the wave survival mode? I love playing with the zombie apocalypse but it gets boring waiting for them to appear. Adding zombies to the survival mode will make it so hardcore.

P.S. Thanks for your great work! Awesome mods :o I simply can't play Rimworld without them <3
Making a stripped down version of Zombie Apocalypse that just has the Zombies and a Zombie faction that raids like any other faction for use with Wave Survival Mode is next on my list after a EPOE compatibility patch for Zombie Apocalypse.

Also, whoops. The description for the Storyteller is too long so it pushed the permadeath option off screen since there is no scroll bar. I'll shorten it.

EDIT: New version up on Steam and NexusMods. It just fixes the lack of the permadeath option.

wardenayylmao

And here I thought you remove it for...reasons. Lol thanks! Good to know it is in your next list! You could do a hardcore mode where every other event is also enabled. I do play Wave Survival Mode with Randy Random on extreme on and with zombies.

Sheyka

hey justin.
just want to say, this mod is one of my favourite mods... should be in the vanilla game :D
rly good work, love it since A9 ^^
Sorry for bad english <3

viperwasp

Very cool mod. I hope people post issues and that it gets the polish it deserves. It may already be perfect but this is the first time I have heard of this mod. Adding it to my game now. I have a question?

I feel like this mod is not intended to be used along with other storytellers in one game? Like switching the story teller back and forward etc. But if one were to do this what type of issues could be expected? For example if this mod's story teller goes by survival waves instead of wealth. If you switched to this story teller later on after building up a larger base would he basically still start at level one? Will it count normal raids from other story tellers as waves survived? Would you be expected to get pretty random or unexpected results by changing story tellers?
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

Justin C

Quote from: viperwasp on July 28, 2016, 09:21:29 AM
Very cool mod. I hope people post issues and that it gets the polish it deserves. It may already be perfect but this is the first time I have heard of this mod. Adding it to my game now. I have a question?

I feel like this mod is not intended to be used along with other storytellers in one game? Like switching the story teller back and forward etc. But if one were to do this what type of issues could be expected? For example if this mod's story teller goes by survival waves instead of wealth. If you switched to this story teller later on after building up a larger base would he basically still start at level one? Will it count normal raids from other story tellers as waves survived? Would you be expected to get pretty random or unexpected results by changing story tellers?
Yeah, this mod assumes you are using the Wave Survival Mode storyteller. I haven't tested it enough to know what issues you would run into. I imagine the MapCondition will keep doing its thing, so you will get resource drops and waves, but I doubt all of the features of the mod will work fully. And on top of that you will get random events spawned by the Storyteller.

Chalkie

At what waves do you gain more people?
I am currently on wave 9 (rough) and only have my starting population.
I have tried recruiting down'ed enemies, but they just swagger off after having a hot meal.

Wishmaster

I like the mod/storyteller but there is an annoying issue with beacons.
if you place indoor beacons, the every 12h package will drop and break the roof every time. even if you have beacons outdoor where it could land safely.
also you place it next to a mountain, you can completely loose the delivery.

Robloxsina66

Dante King

God I hope so, it was so fun playing with this mod!

Robloxsina66

Justin C

This mod is pretty low priority for me right now. I will update it if I have the time after Zombie Apocalypse is updated.

Robloxsina66

Quote from: Justin C on January 18, 2017, 11:35:51 PM
This mod is pretty low priority for me right now. I will update it if I have the time after Zombie Apocalypse is updated.

is the wave survival updated?

shaggy08251993

This was my favorite mod. Like THE favorite. I miss it :/ It has been too long