[A14d] Wave Survival Mode (v. 1.0 - July 27)

Started by Justin C, February 27, 2015, 02:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moo

Right, but when you pick a storyteller for a challenge and then decide, whoa hey that's more challenge I can handle right now... that's not cheating :-/

If you picked your storyteller at the start of the game and there was no option to change it, editing the save or something to change would be cheating. But an easily accessible option in the menu? Not cheating.

Andre2160

When will be implemented that zombie apocalypse to wave?

Justin C

Quote from: Moo on August 09, 2015, 12:07:34 PM
Quote from: DAOWAce on August 08, 2015, 02:39:16 AM
Is this fixable?  If not, might want to warn people to not click the storyteller unless they actually want to use it.
Wow, I just came here to post about this. Apparently turning on wave survival is a one-way ticket. If you switch storytellers it stays active... would be nice to put a warning on the info page about this.
I might look into a fix when I port it to Alpha 12, but it's not going to be high on my list of priorities. I didn't intend to allow players to switch storytellers mid-game.

Quote from: Andre2160 on August 14, 2015, 08:11:51 PM
When will be implemented that zombie apocalypse to wave?
I'll try and include it with the Alpha 12 release. I kind of forgot. Sorry. :P

Quote from: Canute on August 02, 2015, 11:43:29 AM
I am using the Wave surv with/from the SK hardcore modpack.

I am geting serveral times 2 raid's at once from different faction.
Ok they don't spawn at the same spot, but they meet the other on the way to my base and fight each other. Bad for them, good for me.
But is this planed or maybe a misconfig from Sky at the Modpack ?
Simultaneous raiding parties is a listed feature of the Alpha 11 release. Yeah, they will fight each other sometimes. That's intended.

Pagan_PL

Question: How to disable the WSM storyteller COMPLETLY? When I changed it, waves still keeps going but only diference is that I can't see the next wave counter. Please help!

DAOWAce

^

Quote from: DAOWAce on August 08, 2015, 02:39:16 AMEditing the save to remove the active map conditions fixes everything.

Open your save file in a text editor (like notepad++), ctrl+f for activeConditions, delete the active conditions, save the file.

Make sure it looks like this:
<mapConditionManager>
<activeConditions />
</mapConditionManager>

Needless to say, backup your save anyway in case you somehow corrupt it.

Pagan_PL

Thank You DAOWAce! It is perfect now, finally! ;)

U.S SGT.DEATH

hey suggestion u should where u can buy Reinforcements with money u earn by killing the raiders and u should add the defence items or some stuff like that into the mod!

Avtomatik

Ouan

Damn Pirates!

TheRexus100

Justin C

Quote from: Avtomatik on September 02, 2015, 04:38:00 PM
Does this work with a12?
Not yet. I'll be updating this before I work on Zombie Apocalypse now since others were nice enough to update the mod for me. Expect it within two weeks.

Andre2160

Iam waiting for wave with zombie implementation since a10. Cant wait. Cant play normal enymore :D

PureReject

Would you be able to update this to A12 at all. Been waiting for awhile

tsungen

For everyone who waits for an updated version from Justin C i will share my personal version with you.
Its only a port to A12 with my limited skills in coding but playable.

I hope you enjoy it.

[attachment deleted due to age]