[A15] Tilled Soil v1.2

Started by Sam_, February 28, 2015, 06:20:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam_

[A15] Tilled Soil - v1.2

About:
Since the beginning of civilization humanity has been cultivating land and planting crops, now you can plant crops properly too.

Description:
This mod is a small addition to the game. It adds tilled soil, which is a constructable version of the rich soil found naturally spawning.
The fertility of tilled soil is set to 3 at this stage, but may be increased after testing. Currently the fertility is higher then rich soil, and will grow potatoes in 1 day, instead of 2 days using standard soil.

Pictures:

Changelog:

v1.2
Updated to Alpha 15

v1.2
Changed toiled soil texture

v1.1
Updated to Alpha 14

v1.06
Updated to Alpha 13
Tilled Soil is now removable

v1.05
Updated to Alpha 10
Changed texture to asset provided by Igabod

v1.0
Initial release

Download:

Additional Mods:
License:

• You are hereby encouraged to tear my mod end from end. But, ask permission before uploading any of my content.
    If adding this to a modpack you are going to distribute please PM a link to the forum post.

skullywag

Beautifully done. Good work. if youre willing to you could setup a dll mod and have the tilled soil revert on harvesting of plant (or after a timeframe).
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

SilverTitch

@ Skully. I'd suggest the latter, time is a resource and spending it turning the soil to grow quicker plants is already equal for smaller growths such as potatoes / rice etc. if you had to turn the soil for every potato growth there would be nothing saved / gained from this mod as you'd spend the saved growth time on turning soil. For longer growth (eg develstrand) then a timeframe would make sense.

and Sam. Thanks for mod, will give this one a try when i do a modded colony. (PS, new to the game, can someone give link / info to where i can leave mod suggestion's? chef's cooking one meal at a time is bugging me as I am a chef and cant remember the last time i did one at a time. haha) thanks.

><

Igabod

I had a couple minutes to spare and figured this would be an easy enough contribution to make. So I made a tilled soil texture. Feel free to use it or not use it. No need to credit me for it or anything.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Kilroy232

I can't wait to give this a try :D will comment again after I have given it a spin

Igabod

Quote from: SilverTitch on March 03, 2015, 07:04:17 PM
(PS, new to the game, can someone give link / info to where i can leave mod suggestion's? chef's cooking one meal at a time is bugging me as I am a chef and cant remember the last time i did one at a time. haha) thanks.

First, to answer your question. You can post mod suggestions on the board one level up from this one called Mods. It is located HERE. Post the suggestion with a subject that looks like this: "[Mod Suggestion] Brief synopsis of the idea"

And to address your issue with cooking, I just made a mod that allows you to cook 4 meals at a time (since there are 4 burners on the stove). Check it out HERE.

Master Bucketsmith

Could you tell me what the fertility rates are for vanilla soils? Regular, rich, marshy, etc.
I'm trying to get an idea of vanilla soils and the available mod ones.

Also, does this mod require any research for you to till land, or do you need something like fertilizer?
Ideally I'm looking for something that'll provide me with a way to 'till land for regular soil' and through research and crafting, fertilize the land for a better crop yield. Perhaps even a few stages of fertilizer/advanced fertilizer.

benben471

Is this mod save game compatable? I'd love to add it to an already in use save and i know some mods arn't compatable in that way.
Thanks for feedback :),
Benben471.
I have mods now ^^

Zael

Hey, I have a thought. Would it be possible to, instead of the suggested timeframe or per-harvest revert, have the soil have a %degradation, like walls and items on the ground? Daily, the soil will lose this % and eventually at 0% revert to normal soil. This would give us a visual as to how long we have left on it?

daveboy2000

Quote from: benben471 on March 14, 2015, 08:35:01 AM
Is this mod save game compatable? I'd love to add it to an already in use save and i know some mods arn't compatable in that way.

works for me on my old save.

benben471

Quote from: daveboy2000 on March 15, 2015, 05:32:29 AM
works for me on my old save.
Thanks for telling me, proceeding to download and extract now :)
Thanks for feedback :),
Benben471.
I have mods now ^^

IAMEPSIL0N

Quote from: Bucketsmith on March 14, 2015, 05:23:26 AM
Could you tell me what the fertility rates are for vanilla soils? Regular, rich, marshy, etc.
I'm trying to get an idea of vanilla soils and the available mod ones.
The values can be edited by the user or by another mod overwriting them but reading them out they are
Vanilla Lands:
Mud 0
Marsh 0
Sand 0.06
Marshy Land 0.7
Gravel 0.7
Soil 1.0
Mossy Terrain 1.2
Rich Soil 1.4

This Mod:
Tilled Soil 3

Quote from: Bucketsmith on March 14, 2015, 05:23:26 AM
Also, does this mod require any research for you to till land, or do you need something like fertilizer?
Ideally I'm looking for something that'll provide me with a way to 'till land for regular soil' and through research and crafting, fertilize the land for a better crop yield. Perhaps even a few stages of fertilizer/advanced fertilizer.
This one doesn't appear to use any research or resources to build the tilled land and doesn't use as much building time as the soiling mod in hard mode.

I would be interested in knowing if you have found any other mods that allow for the fertilization of farmland

Master Bucketsmith

Quote from: IAMEPSIL0N on April 17, 2015, 03:25:07 AM
I would be interested in knowing if you have found any other mods that allow for the fertilization of farmland
Thanks for the info.
Sorry, but I haven't found any other mods that work on fertilization, yet.

Filipsan

Quote from: Bucketsmith on April 17, 2015, 05:01:14 AM
Thanks for the info.
Sorry, but I haven't found any other mods that work on fertilization, yet.

There is composter in Superior Crafting mod. I was able to parse it out, it is not that hard.

With it, you create mulch from wooden logs and create fertile soil with it :)

I will try to make mod in the future, in which you create compost tea and apply it to get biologically active soil :D Tillage is bad, it leads to soil degradation :D :D

EDIT: I just found another mod for creating new soil: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=11171.msg111219#msg111219

Sam_

Quote from: Igabod on March 03, 2015, 08:45:07 PM
I had a couple minutes to spare and figured this would be an easy enough contribution to make. So I made a tilled soil texture. Feel free to use it or not use it. No need to credit me for it or anything.

I was in the process of updating and decided to make a texture for this. Awkwardly, in my laziness, I went to google typing in "tilled soil texture" and your picture on my mod thread was there. Thanks for the contribution!
I would have done this sooner but I have not found the vanilla art assets, if anyone has a link to those I would appreciate it a lot.