[A15] Tilled Soil v1.2

Started by Sam_, February 28, 2015, 06:20:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gehennianviceroy

MisterVertigo

Yeah, real helpful. Why even post that if you can't help us out by telling us what to change. Most of us don' t know how to code a mod...
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

dismar

oh ok i'll fix it for ya

Tilled Soil  a13

Quote from: MisterVertigo on April 13, 2016, 08:53:09 AM
Yeah, real helpful. Why even post that if you can't help us out by telling us what to change. Most of us don' t know how to code a mod...

And i'm sorry I work 14 hours a day. Have my own mods that need worked on. And just forgot to post this update.

MisterVertigo

Thank you. Sorry if I came off short. The pain meds I'm on right now have altered my brain-to-mouth filter (or in this case, brain-to-keyboard).
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

dismar

Quote from: MisterVertigo on April 13, 2016, 09:05:32 AM
Thank you. Sorry if I came off short. The pain meds I'm on right now have altered my brain-to-mouth filter (or in this case, brain-to-keyboard).
I'm tired! *Hugs* :)

luminisone

Sam_

Updated to Alpha 13

Quote from: dismar on April 11, 2016, 08:45:39 AM
Quote from: DJFergy on April 11, 2016, 01:16:07 AM
Does this work in alpha 13?

Two lines in the code need changed :)

That is strange it worked fine for me, I only changed one line to make tilled soil removable...

dismar

Quote from: Sam_ on April 14, 2016, 07:19:11 AM
Updated to Alpha 13

Quote from: dismar on April 11, 2016, 08:45:39 AM
Quote from: DJFergy on April 11, 2016, 01:16:07 AM
Does this work in alpha 13?

Two lines in the code need changed :)

That is strange it worked fine for me, I only changed one line to make tilled soil removable...
I ony had to change one line :) It was with the research

Nebbeh

Can Tilled Soil be used inside a mountain for example? Hate the damn hydroponics :P

Sam_

Quote from: Nebbeh on April 14, 2016, 09:58:56 AM
Can Tilled Soil be used inside a mountain for example? Hate the damn hydroponics :P

There is research; terrain rehabilitation, which allows you to place dirt on smoothed stone. That dirt acts like normal dirt letting you place tilled soil on it. Effectively letting you building large mountainous greenhouses by smoothing the floors, placing dirt and then placing tilled soil (or just using the dirt if you're lazy).

Nebbeh

Awesome! Thanks for super not op mod like a tilled soil mod I had in A12 that didnt require research or nothing :)

timeandtherani

Yay!  Thank you, I've been waiting for this update.

Rock5

I'm not sure what texture you went with but the one with the strips just looks wrong. If you are going to use that , make sure it has 1 strip per column of plants. You don't have multiples strips for 1 column. Just saying.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Sam_

Quote from: Rock5 on April 16, 2016, 11:03:09 AM
I'm not sure what texture you went with but the one with the strips just looks wrong. If you are going to use that , make sure it has 1 strip per column of plants. You don't have multiples strips for 1 column. Just saying.

Tilling soil is to prepare the soil for planting. It doesn't need to be organised it simply "mixes" or agitates it in order to guarantee seeds take root and reach all of the nutrients. The texture simply gives the appearance that it was prepared by humanity for crops. Implying fertiliser and pesticide was dumped as well.... Just sayin'

Furthermore, if you have ever planted crops of rice in the game it places the plants randomly, thus making the idea of properly spaced textures moot. I find it more unrealistic that you don't have to till the soil ever time you plant.

Rock5

Oh. Ok. I was thinking when you make those trenches to hold the water. I think it's called furrow sowing? Anyway...
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport